19. just a dream

taehyung was taking a walk in his neighborhood when he spotted his alpha on the other side of the street. the omega waved to him, catching his attention, causing a smile to form on the alpha's lips, as he shouted a happy 'hey pup' back in his direction.

taehyung then giggled, waving too, with a wide smile.

and without looking out for cars, he ran over the street.

the alpha widened his eyes. he saw the omega running towards him with a wide smile, but he also saw the car rolling down the street.

he could swear he never ran this fast. "taehyung!" he shouted, speeding up towards the omega and in the last second, he could push him out of the way.

taehyung gasped as he fell to the ground, but the next moment his heart stopped beating for a moment, as a loud crash echoed through the street.

the last thing taehyung saw was his alpha, crashing to the ground, laying unconsciously on the ground. "alpha!"

with a deep gasp, taehyung woke up from his sleep, with small tears rolling down his cheeks, which he quickly wiped away.

he glanced through the dark room —the moonshine made it possible for him to make out the furnitures of his room/- then laid back down, taking deep breaths to steady his heartbeat.

then he sat up, a sudden amount of fear creeping through him as he remembered that some of his dreams used to come true.

he got out of bed and quickly took his phone, noticing that it was almost 4am, but ignoring that fact, quickly dialing minjae's phone number.

after a few beep sounds, the alpha picked up.
"hello?" the voice groaned annoyedly and taehyung gulped.

"h-hey, here is taehyung... i wanted to ask you if you are alright."

"why are you calling in the middle of the night?" taehyung could hear the male yawn.

"t-the dream today, it scares me.." taehyung admitted, voice small and unsure.

"baby, it's alright, it's just a dream."

taehyung's breath hitched hearing that.
his expression saddened and he looked down,
"y-yes of course... just a dream. i'm sorry." he hung up.

have jimin's assumptions been right the whole time? minjae... doesn't sound interested at all and it bothers taehyung.

but how else would he be able to know about his dreams?

a few minutes of him trying to fall asleep again passed, but the omega couldn't fall back. he was scared. worried. usually jimin would've been lying next to him and taehyung would've waken him up, but because of their small argument, the other omega wasn't here.

taehyung was scared. what if this dream comes true?

his phone buzzed and he raised a surprised eyebrow, picking it up, wondering who would text him in the middle of the night?

rulebreaker
pup, are you awake?

taehyung sat up confused by jeongguk's message.