25. clueless

"who was involved in this?" namjoon asked, even though he could already guess it.

"that asshole just arrived and punched me—

"shut the fuck up, you son of a bitch!" jeongguk growled back at minjae, as he was getting held back by yoongi.

"you two, go to the school nurse and get a check up, we'll talk about this later," the teacher ordered, before turning to the other students standing in audience. "the show is over, get into your classes now!" he waved them off and made sure everyone left until it was only taehyung and him.

"what happened?" he asked the omega softly, hating to see taehyung cry like this. "i-i wanted to talk to minj-jae, but h-he was eating with his friends, so i sat with them and they started saying stuff and jeongguk heard them... he got angry." taehyung's sobs got louder, he was still shaking.

namjoon thought minjae might have said something that caused the omega to shiver this way, but as he continued to eye him worriedly, taehyung usually is so strong, words are not enough to hurt him so much. "what did minjae do?"

"a-alpha voice," was the only thing taehyung could bring over his lips.

namjoon gritted his teeth, hands balling to fists ad he carefully hugged taehyung. the omega flinched first, but relaxed a little then.

but namjoon was raging inside. alpha's aren't allowed to use their voice in public, let alone in school and then on an omega. every rank is looked at equally, therefore using your alpha voice on a lower rank, yet the most sensitive one is being looked at as a crime. if an omega is not strong enough, an alpha's voice can literally break them. people really underestimate the power of an alpha, the dominance naturally given to them. if an alpha raises their voice in an omega, it weakens them to the core— it feels like all the energy that was going through your veins stops flowing and you can't do anything but what the alpha tells you.

"i'm going to bring you home, angel," namjoon insisted, softly patting taehyung's head.

taehyung halted for a moment, because once he thought about going home, a sudden urge to go to jeongguk brightened inside of him. the urge so strong. he pushed himself out of namjoon's hold. "n-no, i-i need to go to jeongguk, please."

namjoon looked at taehyung worriedly and confused. "is everything alright, tae?"

the omega shook his head, feeling the tears burning in his eyes "please, i... i need j-jeongguk." namjoon's eyes widened when taehyung suddenly fell to his knees again, tears streaming like a waterfall down his cheeks.

"tae, please—

"can i go to jeongguk?" taehyung looked up with big doe eyes, it was like he was hypnotized.

namjoon sighed then bit his lip, he isn't allowed to do that and he made excuses for taehyung more than once already. if someone finds out that he lets him skip classes again and again, he may get fired.

but then again, taehyung would've had class with him right now and he can decide what happens during that time... all the omega needs right now is to calm down from the shock and if he needs jeongguk for that... well.

"it's okay, but don't tell anyone about it. i'll bring you to him, you shouldn't walk alone, you're still weakened, bear."