The Beach

As soon as I felt my baby move I was almost going to rush to Peeta until I remembered. This could also be Gale's kid, he should know too.

So instead I call him and he picks up almost immediately.

"Hello?" He answers.

"Gale, hey."

"Oh hey Catnip, what's up?"

"Umm nothing major. I just wanted to tell you something."

"All ears."

"It moved."

"What?"

"The baby. It moved.''

"That's cool." A baby cries in the backround." Hey catnip can I call you back I kind of have my hands full with Dallin right now. Its my weekend."

"Ya, uh sure... Sorry" then he hangs up.

At first I feel embaressed. But I now  realize who is more serious about this baby.

So I open the door and walk to the kitchen. I see Annie sitting outside on the patio, Peeta and Willow making a mess, and I can't find Finn.

"Ah Katniss, you came just in time. Its not to late to help!" Peeta says.

"Ya, c'om on mommy!" Willow adds.

"Okay." I smile. We end up making chease buns and mint green cookies for our hosts. We invite Annie to go the the beach with us but she is in one of her trans and Finn is still nowhere to be found.

So Peeta and I took willow to the beach. When we first got there she was speechless. The way her face lit up brought tears to my eyes and a smile on my face and I saw the same thing on Peeta's.

The three of us play in the sand collect shells and play in the ocean water. I will never forget this moment.

We eventually go back to Delly's and for diner we have shrimp,that Finn caught, and fried rice with extra veggies.

When the nightcomes Delly says goodnight and disappears, Finn goes to his room, and willow Peeta and I take the guest room and we all share a bed. The bed is big so we can all fit.

But for some reason I feel compelled to go to the ocean. And soon after Peeta follows.

"Couldn't sleep?" He asks.

"No. She's moving to much."

"The baby is moving! Why didn't you tell me?" He says broken.

"I was! But I got distracted with you and willow earlier and I didn't want to mess up a good day."

"Katniss that just made my day. Its okay... Where do I-"

"Shh," I tell him. I place his warm hands where I last felt the baby.

"Katniss I don't-" he starts but is stops after the baby kicks. His eyes light up. "Did it just?"

I nod."I want to know so bad."

"What to know what, Katniss?''

"Who the baby belongs too. I just can't keep going back and forth." Tears start poring down my face. Stupid hormones.

He carsses my face and kisses me, then I instantly stop. This warmth reminds brings me back. I close my eyes and enjoy the moment.

"Kat, we should go back inside."

"Why?"

"So I can't go paint. I've seen some empty canvases at Annie's."

I agree so we leave. But I know for sure, that I will never  forget today.