Part Nine

Levi's POV

I woke up today to my phone ringing. I look at the clock on my nightstand and see it's only 6 in the morning. I groan as I reach for my phone, already knowing who is calling me at this hour.

"Good morning Levi. I know I called you yesterday to come in the morning but I really need you again today. I'm so sorry I have to keep doing this but I promise that tomorrow will be your regularly scheduled day-off."

I sigh as I listen to my boss over the phone. For the past two weeks it had been pretty much the same call. I wasn't supposed to work until the afternoon today but that's changed. It's all because of the fact that a couple of people that work the morning shift have decided to take their vacation days. At the same fucking time. Well not at the same time but pretty close.

"Why can't someone else work this early shift? Why don't I just work the one closer to the time I come in for my actual shift?"

"Well, Levi, we don't have anyone else that can cover the early shift. I tried to call others in but they have things to do today."

"And what makes you think that I don't, hm?"

"Levi, please come in today. We really need you."

I heave out a sigh and agree to come in. I wanted to try and sleep longer than I did tonight but that was rudely interrupted. Maybe I'm not meant to have a good night rest. Ever.

I gather my things in order to take a shower and get ready for my work day.

—————Time Skip—————

I made it to my job at the cafe and since I have the morning shift I have to get everything ready before I open shop.

Once I'm done I switch the sign from closed to open. It usually takes a little bit for customers to come to the cafe and I'm perfectly fine with that. Soon someone walks in though.

The transaction was short and sweet and once they left I went back to staring at the wall in front of me, waiting. I don't know what I'm waiting for but I'll wait.

Once again, I hear someone come into the shop. I look up and notice it's blondie.

"Good morning, Levi." Armin begins with a wide smile.

"Good morning, what do you want?"

"Uh, how about what I had yesterday."

I give him a blank stare before saying, "Do you really think I remember your order from yesterday?"

"Oh, sorry. I'll have-"

"I know what you want. Do you really think I forgot?"

"But you just said-"

"Mhm." And with that I turn around to get his order ready.

From the clear surfaces of the appliances around me I can see that Armin has a pout on his face.

"Stop the pouting, it makes you look cuter than you usually do."

His face then turns into one of shock and he becomes a blushing mess.

"W-what's wrong with pouting? I didn't do it on purpose anyways."

I ignore him for a little bit until I turn around with his order ready. I lean towards his face, placing my hands on the counter that separates us, close but not too close.

"You should know that there are a lot of people that go after the innocent people at school. You would be no exception if you do that shit around there."

"Why would you care about people 'going after me' for my innocence?"

"No reason. That'll be $4.35." I say as I push away from my position.

Armin let out a small laugh after that and handed me a five dollar bill.

"Oh, I wanted to say thank you for telling me where to find a grocery store. You helped a lot more than you probably think." He stated.

"Keep the change." Armin added as he walked to an empty seat in the cafe.

'You helped a lot more than you probably think.' The fuck does he mean by that?

—————
I hope you enjoyed Levi's POV. It was kinda short but I think it did what it had to do.

LOVES YOUS! 🤍