Part Seventeen

Armin's POV

Why'd Levi have to chose the movie. It's scary. This shouldn't be legal. It's so dark in here too.

Even though the movie is scary, I don't wanna ruin the fun so I stay quiet. Along with that, I have to suppress my jumps from the noises.

The movie hasn't even truly started that much, I don't even think we're half way in yet.

Suddenly, there's a loud noise that makes me shriek. My body instinctively wants me to hide from the sound so I do, unconsciously.

Once I get back to my senses, I notice I can't hear the movie so I assume that it's paused. I also notice that my face is squished into Levi's arm, looking away from the screen, and my arms holding onto one of his own, tightly.

"Armin, it was just a truck." He says nonchalantly.

"Y-yeah, well, it was a scary truck."

"It wasn't scary at all."

"Yes it was! It was so loud for no reason. It didn't have to be that loud, Levi." I respond, kind of offended by the fact that he didn't think that scene was scary.

"Whatever, do you think you can still watch?"

No...

"Y-yes."

He looks at me before sighing, "Alright, we're done watching this." Levi then begins to reach for the remote.

"No! I can finish it, promise. I can take it." I say as I get the remote before him and stand up.

"Armin, give it back. We're watching something else."

"I wanna watch this. I can do it, I'm almost 16. I got it." I try to negotiate with him like Hanji did. If they can succeed, maybe I can as well.

"No."

"Please? I'm a big kid now. I can do it."

"Armin, we can try watching this another time. For right now, let's watch something different."

"Fine.." I say with a pout as I hand him the remote and sit back down.

"How are they not awake?" Hanji has been asleep even before I screamed, how in the world are they still asleep?

"They're a very deep sleeper." Levi responds as he looks for something different to watch.

"Oh."

"Stop the pouting."

"I still wanna finish the movie though." I say, still with a pout on my face.

"You're not watching that movie right now. You were crying after that scare."

"No I wasn't."

"Yes you were, Armin. You still have tears on your face."

After Levi says that I bring my hands up to touch my face. That's weird, I was actually crying and I didn't even notice when I started.

"Fine."

"I know you really want to watch the movie but I don't want you to be scared to the point of tears anymore."

"It's okay, I get it. I'd probably want to stop later on into the movie since it was that scary already." I reply with a sad expression on my face.

"We can try watching it again another time. For right now you can calm down."

I nod my head and look at the tv screen. The animated show on the screen grabbed my attention.

"What's this?"

Levi looks at the tv and responds, "Uh, SpongeBob SquarePants."

"Oh. What's it about?"

He looks at me before I hear him mumble, "It's that bad."

He clears his throat before he answers me, "I guess you could say it's about a sponge that...lives in a pineapple...under the sea. He's a fry cook at a restaurant called the Krusty Krab and has a best friend named Patrick Star. I haven't watched the show in a while but I guess I could say that it mainly follows those two on their adventures together."

"I've never heard of it before. Is it good?"

"It's been a couple years but kids like it."

—————Time Skip—————

Levi's POV

"Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? SpongeBob SquarePants!" I've been hearing Armin sing the intro to this cartoon for hours. 6 hours, to be exact.

If I'm being completely honest right now, I'm not as mad or annoyed as I thought I would be. I'll admit that he's incredibly cute. He looks so happy when watching it.

"Armin, it's almost eight." I say as I continue to cook dinner.

He turns his head in my direction before sighing. "Can I please watch one more episode before I have to go?"

"You've been saying that for 2 hours, Armin. At this point I don't even want you leaving because of how dark it is."

"I wanna watch though." He replies with a sad tone.

"If you want to watch it that bad you can ask your parents to stay over."

"I can stay over for real? Like a sleepover?" Armin questions with excitement evident in his voice.

"Sure, you can call it that if you want."

"I'll ask them then."

After he says that, I put my attention onto dinner once again. Soon, I feel a presence behind me.

"They said I can stay over."

"Alright, dinner is almost ready so can you go wake up Hanji?"

"Okay. Can I watch tv again after dinner?"

"Yeah, that's fine."

"Yay~" Armin celebrates quietly before heading to Hanji's room to wake them up.

By the time both of them are in the kitchen, the food is ready. We all grab our own plates and sit down on the couch to eat. Mostly because Armin pulled out his puppy dog eyes while asking to watch SpongeBob with us. Hanji totally fell for it, I didn't though. I just...I wanted to watch too, yeah.

—————
I hope you enjoyed.

LOVES YOUS! 🤍