Part Twenty-Three

Armin's POV

After I saw Levi, I just broke down even more right then and there.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the room. I could hear him yelling at everyone, especially my sister. I don't know what he said since I'm more focused on clear my face from tears.

The whole time Levi was yelling and I was crying, he held my hand. I felt comfortable with him.

I decided that I didn't want to be in the house anymore so I reached inside for the jacket on my desk next to the door. After I got it, I tapped Levi on his arm and told him I wanted to leave.

Thankfully, he listened and didn't continue defending me. He just held my hand tighter and lead me outside the house. I didn't know where we were going, I just trusted him. After a little while, I spoke up once my tears died down.

"T-thank you for helping me." I said as I continued to sniffle.

"Are you okay?" Is all he said back.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Do you want to go somewhere? It's only half past six, we could probably get something to eat if you're hungry." I was going to agree until o realized that I didn't have money on me.

"It's fine, I don't have any money right now."

"I'll pay for you. If you want anything, just tell me."

"O-oh, alright. I will. I'm okay though."

"Are you sure you're okay? You don't want anything."

When Levi said anything, only one thing came to mind. That would be weird though. Just to ask him for a stuffed animal. He'll probably think I'm weird and regret meeting me.

"I couldn't ask you to get it."

"Why? It's fine, just tell me."

"No, I don't want you to think I'm weird."

"I'm not going to think you're weird. It can't be bad." Well, he's very persistent.

I want to ask him but at the same time I don't want to risk it. There's also the fact that I've always wanted one, maybe holding something I've wanted for so long could help me right now.

"You promise you won't be weirded out." I said as I held out a pinky with the hand that wasn't being held.

"I promise." Levi locked his pinky with mine.

I let out a sigh before saying, "I kind of want...a stuffed animal."

After I said that, Levi stopped in his tracks and looked around. He looked everywhere but at me. I totally made him uncomfortable. He's probably looking for his escape route.

Once he found where he wanted to go, Levi squeezed my hand for a second as he began walking. He continued to hold my hand when I was sure he was going to let go.

I soon noticed that we were headed to a place with many stores. He lead me specifically to a toy store. He made sure the store was open from the sign on the door and opened to door for me. Still holding my hand.

We greeted the cashier as they did us and headed to the toys. It didn't take long for us to find the stuffed animals.

"Choose one." It was all he said when we were in front of the toys.

"Really? You don't have to do this Levi."

"If it'll help calm you down after what happened, I'll do it."

He's done enough already. I can't find a retort and possibly make him rethink buying me this.

"Thank you." Is all I said as I looked through the stuffed animals.

Eventually, I found a rainbow colored alpaca. I think that's what it is. Either way it looks extremely adorable.

Once I told Levi I got what I wanted, we headed to the cashier and he paid for the alpaca toy. After that, we walked out of the store with me holding my new stuffed animal in my hand.

It felt so soft. I only ever got this feeling when I was at work and I was able to hold them. Now knowing the I have one of my own, it feels different. A good type of different. Maybe even the fact that Levi bought this for me is adding to this feeling.

I like it.

—————
I hope you enjoyed!

LOVES YOUS! 🤍