Part Sixteen

Armin's POV

"This project was so easy! I thought it would take longer to get finished." Hanji said with a pout.

"Why are you pouting? Shouldn't you be happy that it's over with? We don't have to worry about it until next week."

"It's just," They let out a sigh before they speak again. "I won't have a reason to call you over here anymore."

"Hanji, you don't have to worry about that. We can still hangout even if we don't have a project."

"You mean that?" They ask in a questioning tone.

"Of course I do. I honestly thought that you wouldn't want to hangout with me once we're done."

Hanji gasps dramatically with a hand placed on their chest. "I would never! You're an amazing person to be around."

"Shut up." I retort with a blush on my face.

"Oh, how cute. It makes so much sense now."

"What makes so much sense now?"

"Uh, nothing." They say in an overly sweet voice.

"O-ok, weirdo." I say as I avert my eyes.

They laugh at my reaction for a while after that.

"So, do you want a snack? We did work pretty hard today."

"Sure, I'm up for anything."

After some time, Hanji came back in the living room with multiple gummy snacks.

"We only have these snacks for right now so I hope you like them."

"Well, I know I like gummy bears."

"Great! You can try anything else if you want too."

I give them a nod before reaching for the gummy bears.

Once Hanji opens their mouth to speak again, the front door is unlocked and opened. My eyes drift towards the door, assuming that it was Levi.

"Armin, do you wanna watch a movie?" Hanji asks.

I turn to their direction and smile. "Sure."

"Care to join us, Levi?" They say with a small smirk.

"No, I'm not watching a boring ass movie with you two."

"Awe, come on. How do you know it'll be boring?" Hanji replies in a sad tone.

"Because you're the one picking the movie." Levi says with an eye roll.

"Fine, I'll let Armin choose then. Will you join us now?"

Throughout all of this back and forth my head has been doing the same thing. Back and forth, back and forth, Hanji then Levi, Hanji then Levi.

"No." Levi says.

"How about if I promise to clean the apartment tomorrow while you're at work?" At this point I feel as though their pulling at loose threads to get Levi to hangout with us.

I place my gaze on Levi, waiting for his response.

He lets out a breathe before agreeing.

"Yes! Ok ok. Choose the movie, Armin." Hanji hands me the remote as they lay down on their side of the couch. Right before Levi could sit down, right where their legs are.

"Move, you rodent."

"But I'm tired, me and Armin just got done with our whole project today."

"So? That doesn't mean you can blatantly take my spot all of a sudden. He's not even doing that."

"Oh, this is you're spot? I thought I was here first."

They bicker a lot, huh? Oh well. Why did Hanji give me the remote? I have no idea what to watch, I haven't been able to watch a movie in years. Much less a tv show. I haven't heard of or seen Netflix in a long time as well. This is a disaster.

My eyes start to wander to both Levi and Hanji as they still argue. I take turns staring at either of them until one of them finally notices me.

"What?"

When I hear that, my head snaps up to look at Levi.

"O-oh, I don't know what to choose." I say sheepishly while looking down at the ground.

"Just choose something you like, Armin." Hanji says.

"That's the thing. I haven't watched a movie in years. I don't know what I like." I reply with a sad tone.

"What do you do at home then? Just sit there?" Levi says, seemingly confused.

"Well, mostly. I do other things I just...don't leave my room." Not like I have a choice though.

I have nothing to do outside of my room unless someone wants to hangout with me. Other than that, I'm in my room because my parents are usually in the living room. If not, then it's my sister. I would much rather avoid them like the plague.

Suddenly, Levi holds out his hand in front of me.

"I'll choose."

After he said that, I hold the remote towards him. Once he grabs onto the remote, I feel his warm hand on mine. In that moment, I kind of felt like my world stopped for a second. Maybe even my heart-

No, I'm just kidding. He just grabbed onto the opposite end of the remote. I didn't feel his hand at all. I wish I did though. That whole warm hand thing was kinda weird of me though, sorry you had to hear that brain.

After Levi takes the control from me, he takes a seat on my right since Hanji's legs are still extended. He chooses a movie, the cover looks a little...scary? I guess?

—————
I hope you enjoyed.

LOVES YOUS! 🤍