Prologue

Blue Flame

By Sara Rose R. Del Pilar

Copyright©2021 by PS Stories

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No part of this story may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without the written permission of the author, except where permitted by law.

*
This is the 4th story from the Golden Strings Series but you don't have to read them in order.

Prologue

Each of us is born with embers that in time strikes with fire. Fire that sometimes mean passion and sometimes can also mean destruction.

With the fire inside us, we can either be a light or just become ashes, we can either symbolize desire or we can cause pain.

But can we really choose the purpose of our fire?

There are flames that may look calm and innocent but can actually burn people. Can we choose to be that kind of flame? Can we choose to be good despite knowing we can cause pain?

Or can we just choose to be an ordinary flame? Can we just choose to show that we are destructive like what we are expected to be?

I didn't know my fire has been burning everyone around me. I was innocent until I realized I am that kind of fire that burns people who are dear to me slowly. They knew about the smoke that's coming from me but they believed in the passion inside me, rather than the truth that I will become the fire that will burn them to ashes.

They chose to keep me, they chose to fan my embers, they chose to watch my fire grow, they chose to burn happily in exchange of having me.

But what about me? Can I choose to stop burning people? Can I choose to stop loving these people?

If to love is to burn and to be on fire, should I just stop on loving?

**
Chapter 1 to be posted on May 1.

Vote.Comment.Follow :'>