Chapter 5 - Back on the Run

CARA POV

"Cara? Love, can you hear me?" I groggily opened my eyes. Too bright. I blinked my eyes repeatedly trying to adjust. Newt was hovering above me with a worried expression on his face.
"Okay, okay. You're okay," I heard the relief in Newt's voice as he cradled my cheek. I was about to answer when I realized that I had an oxygen mask on.
"C, can you run?" Minho who I noticed was beside Newt asked me.
"I-Am I dreamin-What's happening?" I removed the oxygen mask.
"We'll explain later, okay? Right now we have to go," Newt said as he removed the IV in my hand which caused me to squirm a little.
"Sorry, love. We really need to hurry." Newt kissed my forehead.
I held onto Minho as he helped me out of the bed I was in. I think I'm dreaming, I don't know.
"Okay, I'll just carry you." Minho scooped me up after realizing how disoriented I was.
"Where are the others?" That's when I realized how Newt and Winston were protectively pointing guns at the other doctors in the room.
"Guys what are you doing! Put those guns down!" I shrieked but they didn't pay me attention.
"Minho where are the others? And where are we going?" I asked again more pointedly.
"Thomas, Fry, and Aris, went to get Teresa. We're meeting up with them." He panted.
"Who's Aris?"
Another spasm went through my head which knocked me out of consciousness again.

I awoke. Newt was the one carrying me now. I motioned for him to let me down before getting a quick look around. I gave a sigh of relief when I saw Teresa with the group. She also seems clueless about what's happening. But everyone was running, again. So I just tried to keep up with the group. Newt's hand was holding mine so tight he was almost dragging me along.
"Faster! Faster!" Thomas was shouting at the group. We were now heading out of the facility from what I can observe.
"Care!!" I looked to my right to see Teresa a few feet ahead of me. Care -  a nickname she used to call me before we entered the maze.
"You too?" I asked her in between pants.
She simply gave me a nod knowing what I meant - that we both got our memories back.

As we exited the facility, I found myself hesitating. After getting my memory back, I remember what made me work for WCKD and why I was so dedicated to its cause. But then I remember all the kids I sent to the maze and even my own experience inside the maze, all of my friends who died inside the walls, those who died outside. So I ran faster.