Chapter 24 - Long Overdue Reunions

After thanking the doctor, I excused myself and left the tent, mind still reeling from what I just learned. I immediately wanted to tell Newt about it. But then, I also remembered that I still haven't told him about Sonya.
As I was walking back to the others, I passed by Sonya and Aris who were talking. They paused once they saw me walking over.
"Hi Aris." I greeted him first.
Hi Sonya. I'm Cara." I then introduced myself to Sonya.
"Hi." She gave me a little wave. I can tell that she was quite shy.
"Uhm. Can we talk for a second? I have something to tell you." She looked at Aris as if asking permission to which he nodded.
"I'll just be by the bonfire, with the others." He said to Sonya before walking away.
"Do you have any memories of before the maze?" I asked her first.
"Nope. I get dreams but I can never make anything of it." She said as she looked down at her hands.
"Why'd you ask?"
"Well, I got my memories back, before escaping WICKED and I remember you." I told her. She looked up quickly.
"What...Wow what do you remember?" She said excitedly.
"You worked for WICKED, we all did before the maze." I started.
"Yeah I know that. Mary told us." I saw the disappointment on her face.
"And you and Newt are siblings."
"I had a brother? Oh gosh I cant believe it." Her eyes lit up.
"But wait, who's Newt?"
"Him, over there." I pointed at Newt who was sitting beside Thomas around the bonfire.
"Really? So...You're telling me we're family?" I saw her eyes glisten a bit.
"Yes. Do you want me to introduce you to him?" I offered. She seemed to hesitate a bit before nodding quickly.
"Okay, wait. I'll go get him."
"Thank you, Cara." I got caught off for a bit when she hugged me.
I walked over to Newt and tapped him on the shoulder.
"Hey love. Been waiting for you. How's Brenda?" Newt looked up to me.
"She's resting. Uhm Newt, can you come with me. I have to introduce you to someone." I said as I reached for his hand. Curiosity sparked up his face.
"Who?"
"You'll see." I led him to where Sonya was waiting.
"Newt, this is Sonya. Sonya, Newt." I introduced them. Newt was still questioning me with his eyes.
"She's your younger sister." I explained. For a moment, Newt was speechless. His eyes scanning Sonya's face as he covered his mouth in shock. Then, he smiled so beautifully and reached out to hug Sonya. Sonya also hugged him tightly, locking them in an embrace.
"I'll give you two some space." I happily said before walking back to the bonfire. I loved seeing Newt happy.