next to you

Perrie's

"This is called Falaise d'Amont," Alex said with his tour guide tone and smiled at us.  God, his french sound so sexy. Jade squeezed my hand and scowled at me.

"You're the only one that I want don't worry" I whispered and kissed her cheek. After a lot of walking and attempting to push Jade, we finally reached the beautiful top of the hill.

There's not a lot of people here and it's quiet. Peaceful. We stared at the view below us and it gave me goosebumps. It's scary to be on top. God, that sounded wrong.

"Come on" Jade pulled my hand and led me to the chapel. We don't know what it's called since Alex is the only one who knows everything in this trip. We moved away from our friends and sat on the warm grass. It feels different because I got really used to the sand.

"It's beautiful," I told Jade while looking at the big blue sky above us. My head is on her lap while she's stroking my hair, "It is" She said and looked at me with a genuine smile on her face. I grinned, she called me beautiful.

"Am I wrong for thinking we could be something for real?" Jade sang softly. I bit my lip, can we be something for real? I'm scared that she'll get tired of me then she'll just leave, "You have a great voice" I complimented her but she just pinched my cheeks. She sighed and called my name. She looks like she's hesitating to tell or ask me something.

"Come on, I won't be mad," I said and reached for her cheeks, I brushed my finger on it and quickly snatched it away when she tried to bit it. She's a fricking dog or something.

"Why did you ehm broke up?" She asked awkwardly. I giggled, I moved on from Alex, completely. When he proposed and I rejected him, we didn't really break up that night. I just thought that I don't deserve his love, that he's too good for me.

"He proposed to me and I rejected it" I sighed, remembering how he looked at me when I said I'm not ready yet. I'm just twenty-one at that time, I want to explore and experience what's more to come.

"Why?" She simply asked, still stroking my hair. She's looking at the people taking pictures at the chapel and I can't see her face. I don't know why she's asking me about my past with Alex.

"Because I'm not ready yet" I sighed and tilted her face to look at me. There's a soft smile on her face that doesn't reach her eyes.

"He broke up with you?" She asked and carefully removed my hand from her face. I shook my head, "I broke up with him because I know I don't deserve him. He's too good for me" I said and rested my hand on top of my stomach instead. Jade didn't answer, she just continued playing with my hair.

I remember breaking up with him a week after the proposal. He cried and kneeled that it's okay and he's ready to wait but I still left. He tried calling me and asking for us to get back but I know I have hurt him. I don't deserve his kindness and his love. I hated myself for doing that to him, I felt like I was a monster.

"Hey, we're going to get lunch" I looked at the owner of the voice, Alex. He seems so happy now. I smiled at him and sat up, Jade stood up and helped me get up. We walked down the cliff with our hands intertwined. She didn't say anything to me. I don't know why.

We sat outside the restaurant, breathing the fresh air and looking at the people who passed by. Alex was on the other table face-timing his fiancée. We all got our own tables so we can privately chat with our girlfriends or boyfriends. Jade on the other hand won't talk to me, she looks like she's bothered by something. I placed my hand on top of hers but her gaze is still looking at the view of the ocean. She's deep in her thoughts.