CHAPTER 4 | DIGGING THE PAST

~I'm picking up the pieces
and making up my reasons
not to tell a soul~

Olivia's POV

"Ms Rose, can I talk to you for a sec?", I interrupted while she was working with the dishes. Good thing, Ethan can't stop me from talking to her.

"Sure Mrs Dawson."

"How long have you been working for Ethan?"

She stopped putting the dishes into the washer,"Mrs, it's almost been 4 years, may I ask why you wanted to know?"

"Just making a conversation. Would you tell me about his family? Since I know nothing about him...", I waited for her to answer.

"Well Mr Ethan's the only child of elder Mr and Mrs Dawson. He had an uncle named Mase who passed away 2 years ago. Mr Ethan was really close to his uncle. It's a tragedy...you know, loosing someone this close?"

"Oh", was all that I could handle to say.

I kept thinking about his uncle. I ended up googling him and all I got to know was that Mase basically handled the family business before these happened. He was around same age as my parents. All internet showed about his death was that it was an accident, 2 years ago.

Strange.

How would one of my dad's friend know anything about or anyone in Dawson family.

I gotta ask my mom if she knows anything, but I'm afraid she might hide like she has been since forever.

.

.

.

I was walking around the room in the evening when Ethan entered, "I need to see my dad."

"Yeah, about that. I'll be going with you."

I had no other option than to agree with him. As soon as we got down from the car, I ran to see my dad in his cabin leaving Ethan behind.

I hugged my dad and stayed still for sometime. Tears started falling down washing my cheeks. "Dad, I missed you. I'm really sorry I couldn't come to see you in last few days."

I released him from embrace only to see him staring at the ceiling. It hurts to see him like this. I looked at my ring finger and back at him. If only I could tell him about the trouble I'm going through. I kissed his forehead and went out to talk to the doctor.

On my way out, I saw Ethan talking to one of the receptionists.

"I hope your family's dealing well after that accident", she said in a seductive tone.

"It's been long and it passes away with time...", he said motionlessly. As they continued their conversation I ran back to my dad.

His uncle died here?

.

.

.

Ethan's POV

I cannot look straight into her eyes after what I've done to her. But today when I saw Arya at my house my blood boiled and I was so angry both at my parents and Olivia.

I went to the hospital with Olivia just to guard her, I can't leave her with people around who can leak our family connection.

When we reached home, I saw Olivia walking towards the bedroom. So I decided to go to the study to talk to my dad.

"Yes Dad! I checked it more than one time!"

"What are you saying? There must be some mistake!"