CHAPTER 9 | NOW WHAT?

~if you love me
don't let go~

Ethan's POV

"I'm gonna take a shower and then go to bed", she said not facing me while I closed the door behind.

As soon as she got inside the bathroom I called my dad. I sat on the edge of the bed. I told him about Camellia's confession.

I took off my coat and turned around to hear a slight sound of the door being closed.

"You feeling okay?", I asked her.

"I'll be better."

She's really dead inside, I know it by her voice.

"I'll warm up some soup, don't sleep with empty stomach."

I brought her soup to bed. Silence covered the whole room. I don't know what to talk to her about.

"Why are you helping me? Why do you care?", She opened her mouth.

"It involves me too..."

She cut me off,"That's not what I meant. Why're you holding the broken pieces of my heart?"

Trust me I've been asking myself the same question.

I stayed quiet.

"Is it because you feel guilty?"

I still did not dare to say a word.

"Why did you think I was a not virgin?"

"I thought you were a gold digger and slept around for money before", I regretted as soon as I said the words. It really sounds harsh out loud.

At least I'm being honest.

She put the bowl aside. "I've always dreamt of it, my wedding. I thought my first time would be special. I thought it'd be with someone that I love with all my heart. I wanted to feel the magic when I say I do. I want to say I love you only when I mean it under rain in a stormy evening. I don't want any of us to turn around to say last goodbye when we're leaving because we know the other one won't turn around too. I want us to talk about stars. I want to have our spot, our song, our movie. But sad thing we are not us."

I realized just now how big I have messed up.

"I really hope it's not too late..."

"It's late since that night Ethan. I'm not even allowed to drink do you know that?"

"I promise I did not know it until you gave me your id."

"Your fingertip against my skin made me feel like I was nothing, not a human. It made me feel like an animal. It haunted me."

"I swear I never wanted it to go this way too..."

"You didn't even force me. I hated myself for listening to you that night and taking off my dress...but I was afraid at the same time if I hadn't done what you told, things would've been worse...", I cut her off by placing my hands on her cheeks.

"I regret everything, believe me, I do."

She held my hands and took in hers,"Even your gentle touch reminds me of that night."

She let go of my hand and leaned back to pull over the sheets finally letting the tears fall that she has been holding for last few minutes.

I shouldn't have hurt her. I'll do anything to make her forgive me.

I went to take the soup bowl and saw her eyes closed. I sat on my knees to lean down and kissed her forehead,"I wish I could erase the memory."

From both of our heads.

I hate remembering her laying on my bed with that numb limbs. She looked too naive when I was drunk to take revenge. I still remember kissing her first time when she let me in without even bothering to resist. I remember her bending over because I said so. I remember the blood stain on the cream colored sheets. I remember her silently crying so that I could not hear. But I did hear and did nothing to stop her from crying.

.

.

.

Olivia's POV

I couldn't move an inch. Still I had to get up to shut the freaking alarm.

But I didn't set alarm!

I checked my phone to see the date.

Shit.

Ethan's POV

"What are you saying! Which one?"

I yelled at my driver when he said Olivia left at the early morning with one of my cars.

It's a Sunday morning and she had nothing to do outside. She didn't care enough to tell me where she was going. She's already upset about yesterday's event, what if she does something crazy.

"Get ready, I'm coming down."

I left the house taking my iPod and my jacket, not caring about my attire. I tracked down the car that Olivia took with her.

It was a graveyard!

.

I pulled the break when I saw Olivia from distance. I got down and found the maroon Tesla 2 parking lots away that Olivia drove by.

As I walked closer to her I could see another figure. The grave in front of them were wide, had sunflowers and light pink tulips all over it.

She is holding him like a piece of glass. They're both crying and hugging each other.

Olivia's POV

How could I be so callous to leave him alone today! He's been heartbroken not long ago and I left him alone to grieve today, by himself.

"It's okay Logan. I'm here", I tried to calm him down but he kept sobbing.

It's his birthday, we used to celebrate it until 3 year ago when he lost his parents and his little sister on a car accident coming back from his birthday celebration.

His heart is weak since then. He even tried to take his life last year on this day.

How can I be so careless to forget the date. I shouldn't have leave him alone w...

Wait! Is that Ethan?

I wiped my eyes quickly. I can't leave Logan alone here right now, I don't want to give Ethan an explanation here either.

'Please go, I'll come back', I mouthed him with pleading eyes and think he understood me as he went back. He looked exhausted.

My heart is totally betraying me. I don't want to leave Logan here because I love him and I still care.

But I don't want to hurt Ethan either. He must've been worrying about me. I left home without a note.

Why do you care Olivia, you have feelings for Logan. On the other hand Ethan hurt you multiple times. You don't even feel anything for him!

You sure?