2

BABY

Two years later

Two years later

Dressed in a faded brown men's suit matching it with a hat.  I carefully scratched the fake thick white mustache on my face while I look at the billboard I paid for, 8 men in their uniform slowly working on installing a huge platform on a medium-rise orphanage building.

All this work, to send out a message that I'm doing fine to my Aunt Madonna and Carly. I've been stressing about this thing all week, I'm just glad that it'll be over with.  The people who owned the building are extremely old-fashioned, and they prefer that I come in at all times to resolve disputes and provide approval to any changes. 

It's on the same building I'm designated to use for this purpose. We all have our own designated buildings in this city.  I just recently checked my aunt Madonna and Carly's whereabouts and am glad they're doing okay in their own set of cities but other than that no detail on what their life is like, I still have to wait three years to be reunited as this was the plan to have a get together every five years.  

The signage was simple but had some bold letters to know which town I'm staying which is invisible to normal citizens.

Over time people are used to seeing Bible verses on this building.  It has become a part of the community no one bothers to question why would anyone pay for two or three sentences. 

Suddenly feeling cold from the wind outside, I push the power button for my car's window to close up, turned on the ignition, and drive home, to a small town miles away from the city.  I had to change multiple cars from different locations just to make sure I'm not followed. 

I discarded the old man disguises I had on the third car. I made sure I lasered out all my DNA from the remains.  People in the underworld have gotten so good at developing new techniques catching retrievers, luckily we got out of the business however we will forever have to watch our backs.  I'm not complaining it's better to be doing this than always risking our lives for other people's benefits.  

This is what Carly has always desired ever since we were separated, all she ever spoke about is being free like what regular citizen has on their everyday life. It's not the real world yet is a carefree one.

I had to maintain a certain lifestyle to keep people away from thinking I'm suspicious.  This is the very first time in my whole life that I didn't have to wear any disguise, it truly is freedom. 

I live in a small cabin in the woods with two bedrooms and a basement.  I told the townspeople that I'm an artist and I'm here for research.  As a result, the majority of them had never met someone with the type of job I decided to pretend to be, which made it very simple to virtually blend in with the townspeople. I like the fact that they had fewer inquiries regarding my chosen profession.

So far people have hired me to do portraits and in return, I get all sorts of food payments.  I don't mind I'm not a good cook myself. It is nice to have a home-cooked meals at times. My auntie's cuisine, as well as Astor's, are both something I miss on days when I had to eat frozen meals.