5

BABY

 Not in a million years would I ever have thought that I would be in a condition of being confined

Not in a million years would I ever have thought that I would be in a condition of being confined. Not after being so good at what we do, never failing at any pledges. This is such an unprecedented experience.

where did I make a mistake? I thought back hard, even if I was slacking, it was only minor.

As I wait to feel my body's sensation come back and so as all my questions rush through my head.

As long as Carly and Aunt Madonna are safe, I should be okay. I reassure myself, thinking everything will be fine.  Perhaps I'll let them torture me for a while and just give in to anything they want me to be, a spy or an enemy of the state or a terrorist or whatever they call it these days.  It doesn't matter.

Once I'm settled in one of the cells, all I have to do now is wait for Carly to discover my whereabouts. From there, devising a plan for my prison break should be simple.

Shit, I just sent the message that I'm fine; I have a year to wait for her rescue, and who knows what they'll do to me during that period. The government will most likely want me to reveal my whole identity, and I would never betray my family.

As panic arises again, I try my best to breathe slowly.  I have to come up with a plan on how I can convince whoever will talk to me, that it's just me and no one else.

I need a story about my motives for doing so. This is going to be hard. I'm not affiliated with any Mafia.

Think Baby think.

There's really no way out of the interrogation but to pretend they got the wrong person till they get tired of their threats or torture and just settling to charge me with some bullshit case. I have to suck up with this kind police brutality.

A few more hours passed and I tried opening my eyes again. My vision is now clearer. I see that I'm still wearing the same dirty shirt and seem to be lying on a metal flat table with a dim light on top of me.

The drug has finally subsided and it will only take a matter of time before I can feel my body fully. I feel the temperature is starting to get very cold.

I test this theory by wiggling my toes and trying to move slowly, starting with my fingers swaying them sideways and then turning my head to see where I am.

When I heard the door's lock system turn on, I stopped all movement and closed my eyes.

I could hear the person's footsteps get close to me. as it gets nearer and nearer, I couldn't help but breathe harder.  A panic attack is lingering in the back of my brain, I can't afford to have an outburst.