Epilogue Part 2

CHARLES

A white flare pierces my eyes, and I get a whiff of a sour and acidic cheese flavor that immediately follows

"Fuck," I shout, and it reverberates across the whole room. I managed a sliver of a chuckle, since who would have imagined that I would ever find myself in this situation? This is the smell chemical that they use to wake you inside your trance state.

The trance machine effect isn't working on me. I know a lady is on her way who will give me the impression of my mother at any moment, so I glance around and there it is, the familiarity of my old bedroom from a period when things were much easier, as if this illusion would really work on me. How can my brother be so completely ignorant of the fact that I would be aware if he ever placed me in this situation?

I'm sitting up in my big old bed, which still has the same soft cover, when the lady walks in exactly on cue as anticipated

I'm sitting up in my big old bed, which still has the same soft cover, when the lady walks in exactly on cue as anticipated. Her steps lead her to me, and I halt her until she reaches the base of the bed's footing. "I will have you removed from this trance if you insist on talking. Get my brother as soon as possible!" I say to her in a calm voice, without allowing her to speak.

She froze on the spot, her eyes went completely white as it rolled back, and her hands on the side of her body were trembling violently; her whole body is in a state of convulsions for a full minute, an indicator that someone is attempting to take control of her body at this point.

The lady comes to a complete halt and returns to her previous position; her posture has changed. She comes over to my side, sliding her index finger over the soft cover as she gets close to my side of the bed. I was able to recognize that Peter had taken over her body at this point. The woman's face is imitating his normal fun grin, which he finds amusing at the moment.

"You just couldn't SIMPLY help ruin the fun could you?" Peter's voice comes out of the woman's body. Like always, dragging the word simply as he knows very well that it triggers me.