21 - The Outsider

In the middle of the night, Mr Gold's car came to a stop in front of the town boundary. He and Amy got out of the car, Amy leaned against the bonnet and yawned, covering her mouth as Mr Gold popped the trunk open, to see Mr Smee bound and gagged inside.

"Delphinia, dear, assistance," Mr Gold said.

Amy walked over and looked at Smee, she waved her hand and the shadows of the car, wrapped themselves around Mr Smee, lifting him out of the trunk and towards the town line.

"There you go, Papa," Amy said.

"Thank you, dear," They walked toward Mr Smee as the shadows released them, "This will only take a moment," Mr Gold said.

Mr Smee looked at them, "Don't... push me over. If I cross the line, I'll lose my memory. It's a cruel fate," Mr Gold said.

"A fate you were more than willing to bestow upon the only woman who is like a mother to me," Amy said and kicked Mr Smee to the ground then handed her father the red beanie.

"You've had this rag since the day we met. Why is it so important to you?" Mr Gold asked.

"My grandmother made it for me when I was a boy. It's always brought me good fortune. What difference does it make?" Mr Smee asked.

Mr Gold poured a potion over the hat, causing it to glow with magic, "Oh... All the difference in the world. It's your only chance," Mr Gold said and threw the bean back to Mr Smee who quickly put it on.

"What do you mean, my only-," Mr Smee began to say but Amy pushed his over the town line a surge of blue magic pulsed through his body then stopped.

"What's your name?" Amy asked as Mr Smee turned around to them.

"William Smee," Mr Smee said.

"And who are we?" Mr Gold asked.

"Rumpelstiltskin. The Dark One. Delphinia. The Enchantress. I remember everything!" He walked towards them, "How can this be?" Mr Smee asked.

"Well, it seems our little experiment was a success. Now go," Mr Gold said. 

They watched as Mr Smee fled from the scene, "We have a trip to plan," Amy said.

"About that..." Mr Gold said.

"I know you already used one of the two potions, and it was mine," Amy looked at him, "Reason why I made another batch," Amy said.

The next day, several of Storybrooke residents were gathered around a casket and a tombstone in the cemetery. The tombstone read Archie Hopper - Friend and Conscience.

Mary Margaret gave a eulogy to the crowd, "Some of us knew him as Archie. Others, as Jiminy. But we all knew him as a true friend. And though, he may now be gone, he will always live on inside of us. Reminding us to be our best selves, to do the right thing, to always fight for what we believe in. So, we shouldn't think of today as a goodbye, just as a way of saying... Archie, we'll be listening," Mary Margaret said and she walked up to David and they hugged.