31 - The Miller's Daughter

Flashback

In the Dark Castle, Delphinia was reading a spellbook and Rumpelstiltskin walked towards her, taking the book from her.

"Enough learning today," She looked at her father, "You told me you had embraced your magic, there's a woman I need you to watch over," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Alright, Papa, who is she?" Delphinia asked.

"Princess Eva," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Of the Northern Kingdom?" Delphinia questioned.

"The very same," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Alright," Delphinia sighed, "Why?" Delphinia asked.

"The future, dear, we need her for the future," Rumpelstiltskin said.

"Very well," Delphinia said as she stood up.

"Not like that," He snapped his fingers, she was engulfed in purple smoke, her usual black dress turned purple and her hair once up was now loosely curled down her back, "It's time to be Princess Delphinia again," Rumpelstiltskin said.

Delphinia rolled her eyes and exhaled heavily, "Very well, Papa, if I must," Delphinia said.

A young Cora arrived home to find her father passed out drunk on a wheelbarrow of sacks of grain, beside him was a wheelbarrow full of sacks of prepared flour

"Father. Father!" Young Cora said as she approached him.

 Father!" Young Cora said as she approached him

"What? I'm resting," Miller complained.

Young Cora grabbed the bottom from his hand and smashed it against the ground, "You're always resting. The flour was due to be delivered this morning. I, for one, would like to be able to eat this week," Young Cora said and she took the wheelbarrow of flour and walked away with it.