𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 / 𝑫𝒊𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖

{ Song: Survivor by 2WEI and Edda Hayes }

── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

"Arthur" I whisper.

I pull away from Fred and stare right ahead into the darkness in front of me as I try to tell if my mind is simply playing a trick on me or if this is really happening. It has to be today. It's two days before the semester ends, so it must be the eighteenth just like Fred said.

"Okay, when we were talking about boundaries I just assumed that daddy kinks didn't involve my father, I'm fine with 'daddy' if you want but I'm adding 'dad' to the list of things that are definitely of a no-go" Fred says and gives me a strange look.

I briefly register what he's saying but I can't bring myself to answer him. My mind and body have gone into a mixture of panic and shock, and before I think twice to come up with some kind of plan on what I'm about to do, I pull the t-shirt back on over my head before I practically jump to my feet to search for my pyjamas pants.

Fred sits up on the bed with a confused expression on his face as he watches me pace around in little circles while looking for my wand and my socks as well.

"Nova, what the bloody hell is going on?" he says and reaches out to grab my wrist.

"I don't have time to explain, I have to see Dumbledore" I say and pull away from his grip.

"First my dad and now Dumbledore? Honestly, would you let me know what's happening?" he says with a subtle, nervous laugh.

Before I get a chance to answer him, a light shining from across the room makes me stop what I'm doing and I look over to where George is now sitting up on his bed as well.

"For the last time, it's muff-lee-ah-toe" he mumbles and rubs his eyes, that open wide as soon as he sees what is really going on, "Wait, what are you doing? Did you two have an argument or something?"

"I have to see Dumbledore" I repeat quickly as I put on my shoes.

For obvious reasons, neither one of them has the slightest clue of what is going on, but if I'm right about this then there is no time to stop to explain any of it if I'm going to get to Dumbledore in time.

"What the... okay, just give me a second" Fred says and gets up to get ready to leave as well.

"I can't" I say and run out of the dorm.

My pulse is racing as I try to wrap my head around what is happening and get a grip on the situation.

Even though Arthur is saved by Harry's dream in the written story, there is no guarantee that he will be now. His injuries will turn out to be severe even if he makes it out alive, and if there is any chance that I can spare him of that pain, I have to at least try.

The eighteenth. It happened on the eighteenth, right?

I run down the stairs to the common room and the thought of being caught by Filch once I'm out in the castle doesn't seem even remotely scary compared to the alternative.

It is tonight that Harry will wake up from the nightmare. It is tonight that Arthur is guarding the prophecy at the ministry by himself. It is tonight that Nagini will attack him.

My thoughts are racing too fast for me to get a chance to think them through and my body moves on pure instinct as I rush towards the headmaster's tower. I don't know what time it is, nor how long I have before it will be too late. The only thing I know is that I can't afford to waste a moment, and that everything will simply have to work itself out as I go.