𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 / 𝑪𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒇𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏

{ Song: Heartbreak Girl by 5 Seconds of Summer }

── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

As I make my way through the castle towards the library, a million thoughts are tangling themselves into a mess inside my mind.

Me and Draco just broke up, even though I never got to actually be here with him. My shifting process called for stronger reactions than I could have ever imagined, from everyone. To be honest, I don't even know how I feel about it now that it has become clear that something happened a little over a week ago that I had no control over, and that I can't remember no matter how hard I try.

Was this caused by dark magic, as Snape had suggested? Is it simply a trick my mind is playing at me, or is this really my original reality and something had sent me away? Does anyone know what is going on?

When I get to the library it takes me less than a moment to locate Hermione. I can hear her voice across the room and make my way over to where she and Ron are sitting. Harry is nowhere to be seen.

They're both leaning over the same book and Hermione is pointing at the pages and explaining something to Ron, who doesn't seem to listen to a word she says. He appears to be too occupied with staring at her, with a look in his eyes so full of love it could melt a heart of stone. Scripting that they're already a couple is probably one of the best things I've done so far.

Hermione stops talking mid sentence when I walk up to them.

"Hey, what's wrong? What happened?" she says as I sit down opposite her and Ron at the table.

"She was reminded what it's like to be in Slytherin, that's what" Ron says, clearly not noticing that this is not an appropriate time to make jokes.

"Charming, Ronald" Hermione says and glares at him, then turns back to me. "Is it because of Umbridge? Did she do something?"

"Umbridge? Why would this be about her?" I say.

"Well, she's got some medieval ways to get her point across, to say the least... Harry told us a while back what it's like to be in detention with her and I can't believe the ministry allows her to be here at all" she says with a distressed tone in her voice. "I just figured that she might have taken the opportunity to torture another student, since you were gone without official permission"

Of course Hermione doesn't know that I'm aware that she's talking about the quill, and I can't  say anything about it since I'm not supposed to know things that they haven't told me yet. Keep up the lie. Man, this is weird.

"It's not about Umbridge, it's Draco... He, uhm..."

I have to pause before I continue. The tears are building up in my eyes again and I look down at the table and try to force them back. I've already cried in front of Draco and Theo, I'm not about to have two more people see me as a sobbing mess on my first day.

I pull myself together and then tell them what happened; how the other Slytherins had told me that Draco's been acting weird, that he thought I was lying about everything and that he told me that he loved me before I left.

"Wait, hold up one second, you're saying that Draco Malfoy, the embodiment of evil, told you he loves you?" Ron says and looks at me with a mixture of shock and amusement on his face.

"Well, yeah, but then he told me that he doesn't so I guess they cancel each other out" I say with what probably comes off as a tremulous smile. "It just... I didn't expect it to be so fragile, you know?"