Chapter 4

Enola pov:

My mother always told me that all boys are stupid, but apparently that's not true. I found an exeption. Tewkesbury is literally the sweetest, most caring person I have ever met. And besides, he's hot. okay this is getting weirder every minute - 

Tewksbury. Not. Hot. Right Enola? okay not working he's still hot.

you know... never mind. 

As the gentleman he is, Tewkesbury opened the door for me. He helped me back to the bed and I sat down. "So uhm, time to take care of your arm?" He asked. "Yeah I guess..." I responded. 

"I'll be right back." he says as he walks away. I was confused, but then just stayed where I was. While I was waiting I had time to catch every little detail from the room. The red curtains, the ornately patterned floor, and most importantly; a gigantic bookcase with at least 40 books on each shelf. It was paradise for a bookworm like me. There were novels, encyclopaedias, and books about flowers; lots of them. Tewkesbury was passionate about flowers, in fact everything to do with nature. It's just wonderful... If that branch hadn't fallen I would never have met him. Okay I know it was cut, but still, I can't even imagine what life would be like then.

I hadn't noticed that Teweksbury had come back inside in the meantime. 

"Oh, there you are!" I said, laughing. 

He had a first aid kit with him, from which he took out a bandage. He put everything down on the nightstand and came and sat next to me.

He tried to pull up my sleeve without touching the wound, couse that would hurt pretty bad. He disinfected it with a cotton pad, and then carefully wrapped the bandage around my injured arm. "Not too tight?" he asked, just to be sure. "Perfect." I said as I looked at him. Our eyes stayed locked for just a little too long. There was silence, but not awkward.  

(The first 5 seconds...)

"Uhm eh- i um- " stuttered Tewkesbury, and he continued wrapping the bandage around my arm. He taped it and slid my sleeve back down. 

I yawned, it was almost 11 o'clock and I had  a tough day. 

 "You should get some rest," Tewkesbury said "You can use it." 

I crawled to the top of the bed, where I got under the covers. I tried to pull my nightgown back into place, as it came up because of the reverse movement. Tewkesbury stood up and gave me a sweet kiss on my forehead. 

"Goodnight, Enola." He walked away.

 "Wait what are you doing? Where are you going to sleep?" I asked  with a raised eyebrow.

 "Just, the guest room." He said and closed the door with a smile on his stupid face. 

Still as confused as I was, I turned off the light and laid down. First on my right side, then the left, on my belly, I tried everything, but I couldn't sleep. I was still wide awake staring at the ceiling, I just couldn't fall asleep because I was still scared. And every time I closed my eyes I saw him again, the man, I still think I saw him before but I have no idea where that could've been. 

------ 30 minutes later ------

That's it. I'm done. I jumped out of the bed and I set fire to my lantern. I needed to go to Tewkesbury, so I opened the door as quietly as possible and sneaked down the corridor looking for the guest room. He was sleeping there, but I didn't know where it was. "He should really give me a tour!" I chuckled to myself. 

I went from door to door and put my ear against them, and at the last one at the end of the corridor I heard a quiet snore. Here it is, I recognised the sound from that one night we spent together, after we jumped off the train.

I put my hand on the door handle and pulled it down. With squeaking hinges, the door opened. I heard blankets moving and I saw that Tewkesbury sat up straight. "Enola? Is everything okay?" He asked with a worried face. "I just can't sleep because uhm... because It's cold...?" I said more in a questioning tone. Totally unconvinced and with a raised eyebrow he looked at me. "Enola come on..." 

"Okay fine I'm still terrified..." I admitted. He threw off the covers and walked towards me, he took my head between his hands and with his thumb he wiped a tear from my cheek. He gave me a hug and the butterflies in my stomach fluttered about happily. 

Suddenly I felt a hand on my back and one under my legs, I was lifted up by Tewkesbury, who had a big grin on his beautiful stupid face. 

I couldn't help but smile myself as he walked back to the bed with me in his arms. He sat down while I was on his lap. I wrapped my arms around his waist and laid my head on his shoulder. As we cuddled, he rocked back and forth until I fell asleep.

I USE 'I' TOO OFTEN AND IT ANNOYS ME.

plzz if you see any mistakes or a sentence that isn't even a sentence; TELL ME.

 I'M A PERFECTIONIST OKAY.