Chapter 21

Tewkesbury pov:

"Enola..." I whispered in her ear, as my fingers gently stroked her cheek. Her eyes fluttered open and a yawn escaped her mouth.

"Good morning, beautiful."

She looked into my eyes and a small smile formed around her mouth. "Hey."

We were safely in a carriage, she had fallen asleep with her head on my shoulder. We had been on the way home for hours. Sherlock left us when we passed London, he had to be there for a case and things like that. His work here was done.

Now we are finally there, me and Enola, together. And I would never leave her alone again.

"We have arrived. Everything turned out fine." I said with a smile as I looked at her face. Tears welled up in my eyes and I took a firmer hold of her hand.

"What is it?" Enola asked with a concerned look and she sat up straight next to me.

"Nothing." I said loud and clear as I stared ahead. "Absolutely nothing."

I turned my head with the biggest smile, even tasted my own tears. I threw my arms around her waist and pulled her close to me, my hand pressing her head against my chest.

"I love you so much, so much that I thought it only existed in fairy tales. I would drop everything to be with you all my life, and I promise you that I will never let anything happen to you again!" I gasped for air and sobbed. "So much..."

I heard Enola let out a sigh of relief. "I love you more, Tewky."

"No, no you don't. Impossible."

She hit my arm and chuckled, then pulled up the snot in her nose. "We'll see..."

I hummed in agreement and opened the carriage door, then jumped out and held out my arms to Enola.

She sighed irritably and opened her mouth to say something, but decided to remain silent and she rolled her eyes.

"You know I like carrying you..."

"Mhm..." Enola mumbled quietly and got up from the bench she was sitting on. She stepped down the steps and put her hands on my shoulders.

"Come on... Don't be afraid." I said softly with a huge smirk on my face.

"Ugh stop it, you're literally so annoying!" Enola shouted, pushing me aside and then running off. She turned around once more and smiled bitterly. "Still love you though."

Lifting her dress and kicking off her shoes, she pushed open the heavy door and ran through it as fast as she could. 

"Hmm...Didn't think so." I thought to myself and I started chasing after her.

"Enola. Enola. Enolaaa.... I'm almost there!" I laughed in a flirty tone and speed up my stride a little. 

She giggled loudly in a high-pitched voice and pulled herself forward faster on the banister of the stairs. When she reached the top, she ran into the corridor. 

bang

I heard a door being slammed and vaguely heard "Oops". I pricked up my ears and concentrated on where the sound seemed to come from.

my room... 

A big smirk formed around my mouth and with slow steps I headed for the big brown door. I stopped when I was right in front of it. I heard heavy breathing and... Yes, I know exactly whose it is. I just recognise it, I know it's her. It sounds so perfect, Enola is perfect...

I brought my hand to the door handle. In one swift movement I pushed it down and the door swung open. I stood in the doorway, my eyes full of lust, and stared at her. 

Enola took a step back, and another. One more. 

She stood against the wall, she could go no further.

I shut the door behind me and turned the key that was on it.

She took a deep breath and widened her eyes.

"Aww... Don't be afraid, sweetheart," I mumbled as I moved step by step in her direction. 

"Ugh, I'm not!" She sighed and put her hands against the wall.

Okay, waited long enough.

I walked up to her and pinned her against the wall so she couldn't run away now. My one hand stroked a tuft of hair behind her ear, while the other was resting on her waist. I squeezed it gently and she looked at me as she bit her lip.

"Come here," she grumbled. "Now."

"Didn't you forget something?" I asked her amusingly, "The magic word?"

Enola sighed deeply, "Will you please kiss me?" Meanwhile heavily irritated, she rolled her eyes. 

"Sure..." I said, smirking.

I smacked my lips on hers and kissed her passionately. Maybe time stopped when my lips met hers, but the flutter only intensified. My heart pounded in my chest as my knees got weaker. I could only focus on how soft she felt against my mouth, how addictively she invaded all my senses.

Oh god, I loved this. I couldn't even imagine never getting this again if it... if it had gone wrong a few days ago. It's moments like this that make me realise how awful it could have been. Luckily I had her safe in my arms now.

I want this forever. I want her forever.

H-hi I have returned-

I hate this chapter to the moon and back and it's literally useless but uh-