Chapter 12

2 days later...

Tewkesbury pov:

I woke up on a wet pillow; Tears... My still red eyes opened with difficulty. For the past 2 days I think I've done nothing but cry, how could I not? I had lost Enola again. But I decided I had to do something different. I got up from my bed, which was difficult because I had muscle pain. That was probably because I had been curled up in my bed the whole time.

Don't expect too much, I'm still as sad as can be. I put on my shoes and in my sloppy clothes I sauntered towards my desk. In the bottom drawer were all the letters Enola had sent me. All of them. They were perfectly sorted into folders and by date. Don't worry about my mini Enola-obsession okay. That's completely 100 percent normal, right?

 I took every letter, from the first to the last. The last one, ahah. The one that was on my desk when she suddenly left me. That night, she had said she loved me. I'm beginning to doubt that.

Anyway, I put the letters in the pocket of my coat and opened the door of my bedroom. Oh no, not that too. My mother was standing in front of my door, hesitating whether to come in. Well, that was no longer necessary. I had just walked out myself. Great.

"Ow ehm, hello."

I cleared my throat, "Hey."

She looked into my eyes and was clearly worried about me. Right, I was still crying. How am I supposed to get myself out of this situation? I had not counted on this and I was not prepared. If she comes around again and whines about that Helena, really- I'll go crazy. I'm going to throw punches, I hope not. Don't worry, I won't attack my mother, I'll take my anger out on this beautiful expensive vase right here beside me.

"Are you um... okay?"

I looked up with a does-it-look-like-it face.

"Okay that was a stupid question, obviously not. You know, kid, you really shouldn't worry about your uncle. He didn't mean that." She tried to smile kindly.

"do you really think I've been crying in my room for 2 days because he yelled at me? Or because 'my future' is ruined?" I rollend my eyes.

"I don't like this tone. Since when are you like this? I've never seen that before."

"No mum, what do you think?!" I yelled and my voice cracked. I couldn't handle this anymore and I certainly didn't want to break this vase, so I ran away and the tears rolled aside in the headwind. (Cause believe me, I was going pretty fast.)

Like I said the day before yesterday, I had to get away from this place. And now more than ever. 

The leaves crunched under my feet as I ran through the forest towards my tree house. But then I had a better idea, if I stayed here everyone would know where I was, so I walked to my secret place, the one I had taken Enola to. That wasn't even a week ago... 

I pushed aside the branch that hid the entrance and walked through. In front of me I saw the hill where I had been lying with Enola looking at the clouds. Ah, that was such a beautiful moment. I can still see it, how Enola let herself fall into the grass and her long hair fell down her arms, it was like slow motion. 

I wanted to ✨feel✨  the presence of Enola, so I climbed up. I was almost at the top, but I slipped and fell face first into the grass, it gets even better, then I started rolling down the hill. "Ughaaah wooo eeeeeee" 

Cursing, I came to a stop and when I straightened up again I rubbed the dirt off my sleeves and trousers. "aggf" Actually, I have to agree with Enola, I just noticed I make a lot of noise after I fall down a mountain. That's embarrassing. Um...