Chapter 32- On The Edge of Madness

"Speech"

Thoughts

Banshee (AU Izuku)

(A/N. Why hello my dear readers. I know I haven't been active but... as you all should know, life is busy and I have many other things to do. I just hope you enjoy this chapter because it may be the last update you'll have in a while. That is, if I have motivation on the weekends to work on this.)

"Ow! Hey! Ouch! That hurts!" I whined, Dabi having to hold my wrist down so I couldn't accidently punch him or something.

We were sitting on the bed as he dabbed the large cut on my arm from Toga's attack.

"Damn, the wounds pretty deep..." He muttered, lifting my arm and examining the large gouge. It had stopped bleeding, but it was still open and needed cleaning to help it heal faster.

"Uh duh, Toga is really good at uh... stabbing."

He growled. "How'd you let her stab you even!?"

I shrugged. "I was saving a little girl, it's no biggie."

"Really!? Do you even no how many injuries you have just from that night!?"

I shake my head. "I didn't notice, not even after my shower..."

"Well, I did! Do you know how worrying it is to see you battered up like that? A knife wound, sprained ankle, some burns, and your wrist is bruised! Jeez, you didn't notice any of these?"

I felt a pang of guilt, knowing that he felt like this... kind of hurt.

I slowly leaned in and hugged him, though it was kind of stupid since my arm was injured and I just got yelled at by him for doing that.

"I'm sorry..."

He sighed. "No, it's alright... just, please, look out for yourself! I can't have you coming back to the base beaten to death."

"I'm not that beaten up-"

"Well it certainly looks like it!" He shouted, though he wasn't exactly angry, more of a worried anguish sound in his voice.

We were both silent, I have never seen him behave like this before, it kind of scared me (though I would never admit to him out loud).

I looked down at my lap, thinking about it more.

My friends weren't that worried about me, I mean, to a certain extent they were, but never like this. Was it because they knew Recovery Girl could help me? Or some type of medical attention could always fix the wounds I have? Well, they never did act so... overprotective.

Oh.

I'm such an idiot! Of course he'd act like this, gosh, isn't that what the other is supposed to do when their partner is down or hurt? Be worried!? It'd be different from friends being worried since well, lovers have a stronger bond I guess... it also could be because we don't have people like Recovery Girl to help heal us if we were to ever be injured.

"Look, I'm really sorry alright? Sometimes I get distracted and don't notice any of the pain I've endured. It wouldn't be the first time I was badly hurt."

"And I doubt it would be the last.." He groaned.

"I'll be more careful! I promise." I said, again, attempting to hug him out of habit.

This time though, he let me.

(Time skip... Bandages on and they're down in the so called 'living room'.)