Chapter 34- It's Time

"Speech"

Thoughts

Banshee (AU Izuku)

(A/N. I'm so tired, writing this was... hard. I kept getting stuck and my motivation was out the window. It took like more than 3 months [and much longer] to complete this despite having all of this written out as a rough draft.

Warning⚠
This chapter includes spoilers in the manga. If you have not read up to chapters 253-306 in the manga, I suggest not proceeding. But if you want or have already been caught up, feel free to read it. Note that it's not exactly like the manga since I haven't read it myself but am caught up with everything.)

(Dabi/Touya's POV)

Something doesn't feel right.

Today was the day Izuku would be released from his confinement. All in all, everything went according to plan.

Yet somehow, something felt terribly wrong. Bringing me on edge all morning.

I had this feeling that... something was going to happen, and it obviously wasn't good.

So far the day's been pretty normal, there has been a decrease in hero activity around the area of the base, kind of expected since well, who cares about them now?

But... it was too sudden. They all just suddenly disappeared and vacated the area.

I mentioned this to the others, but they just shrugged it off.

Except... Banshee.

He acts so weird, like he desperately wants to tell me something. But every time he tries, he just disappears. There's this one time I confronted him about it, and he almost suffocated on nothing. It was quite horrifying.

I sighed, sitting in the security room watching as the old guy buzzed around in the room with Izuku's containment cell.

He'll be out in a few hours. It excited me, but I feel scared.

How different would he be once he's out?

"Oi, Stitch Bitch. Whatcha fretting about?" I heard that all too familiar voice that sounded exactly like Izuku's.

"..."

"Don't ignore me, it's rude." 

"..."

Banshee sighed. "Okay, what is it Dabi?"

I frowned. Is he trying to sympathize or...?

"What do you mean?"

He snorted, leaning on the table, beside me.

"Obviously there's something on your mind... and I don't blame you for it..." He muttered the last part.

"Come again?"

"Nothing."

We both stood there, watching as Kyudai started to pull out some of the tubes connected to Izuku's containment cell.

"You know, he's really excited to wake up and see you right?" His voice is slightly strained, as if forcing the words out of himself.

I scoff, glaring at him. "Oh? How the fuck do you know?"

I saw him bite his lip, looking away from the screen.

It was kind of weird seeing him like this. I've never seen him so... fragile. It reminded me of Izuku.