THIRTY-TWO (Ruby POV)

My sisters are already sat on their seats when I arrive, I had to take a quick shower after the hard exercise on the stage and they've fixed my makeup and hairdo, I also changed my clothes: I'm wearing a stunning black leather corset, matching pants and knee-high boots with stratospheric stilettos that scream BDSM Mistress. The ruby and diamond necklace that Harry Winston lent me shines bright around my neck, the bracelets and earrings... They're part of my demon outfit tonight, too flashy for my taste, and this is why I'll send them back to the jewellery store but I'll pay for Iselen's necklace and earrings, she looks beautiful today and I want her to keep them as a souvenir of the occasion I danced for her in front of millions of people.

My girl fidgets nervously when I flop down next to her and look for her hand among the red silk tulle layers of her skirt, she entwines her fingers with mines automatically and I relax, ignoring other celebrities around me that are gesturing at me trying to grab my attention while I fix my eyes on the stage. Iselen is not mad at me after putting her in such an awkward situation and that's the only thing that matters to me right now; I wanted to do something different, special, that would surprise everybody... This show will be remembered for long years.

HFDC is a very popular band, we have millions of followers on Instagram, our songs are number one on every music streaming service, fans buy obsessively every product we promote, concert tickets are sold out in a few minutes, our fortune is safe... our success not. In a changing world where everybody can record a high quality album in their bedrooms with simple equipment, upload it to YouTube and become viral, you must keep doing new things constantly to stay relevant. Iselen said we were provocative bitches once but we can't do the same things forever, fans will get used to see Mads' boobs eventually, Taylor's outfits, Zu and Lzzy flirting... we must keep being the sassy, shameless rock stars or we won't be successful anymore. Scandal is our essence and signature, even more than good music, and we've given them something to talk about tonight.

"Have you just given Mads' guitar a blow job live?" Iselen whispers next to me while a famous pop singer dances on the stage and I smirk mischievously.

"David Bowie did it first, baby girl."

"Yes but not in front of millions of people..." I can't help chuckling and Mads elbows my side gently.

"Get ready, sister, the round of walks is about to start."

"Damn it, why did I pick out these uncomfortable boots?" I growl looking at the high stilettos out of the corner of my eye but get up when the host says the name of our band. Best Direction, Best Cinematography, Best Visual Effects, Best Art Direction, Best Rock Video... of course, Song of the Year, Artist of the Year... We collect more and more awards at our feet and repeat the thank you speech: thank you to Vincent, our publicist, our team, but the news is that now my beautiful girlfriend is also on the list and she lowers the head shyly, staring at her hands on her lap when cameras are focused on her. A young girl, pretty and with dark hair, climbs to the stage... I think I know her, she's a famous singer but I don't remember her name... I think she's a Latina...

"Ladies and gentlemen, and as someone has previously said everyone who doesn't feel identify with these categories, not forgetting about Her Satanic Majesty... Good evening..." I raise an eyebrow flashing a smugly smile when I realize that she's talking about me, she's looking right into my eyes while the audience claps and screams. "Nice boots..." I tilt my head to one side with a wide grin on my face and spread my legs slowly, pointing at the floor between them. "Yes, I'm pretty sure I'd have a better view of them from that position..." The singer blushes and stutters a little before taking the envelope to introduce the next award while I close my knees pretending to feel disappointed but leaning towards my girlfriend to kiss her cheek too. Best Band, a new award that ends up at Iselen's feet on the floor, the moonman looks delighted taking a peek under my woman's skirt... so bold. The moment has finally come...