TWENTY-FIVE (Iselen POV)

"Aren't you sick of them?" Ruby chuckles and stops humming, we're stuck in a LA traffic jam listening to the radio and the singer has started tapping the wheel with her fingertips following the rhythm of a HFDC hit from last year, luckily this car windows are tinted and people walk past without noticing that the tattooed goddess is close.

"Yes, to be honest, sometimes when they ask me to sing a song that was a number 1 for weeks, that we sang in ever concert, in every TV show and radio station, in every music festival for months... When fans ask me an encore at the end of the concert I think: 'Kill me, please...' But later, I remember those songs are important for them, that are linked to good memories in their minds or had helped them to go through hard times and, even if I prefer to sing one of the new songs, I repeat it for them... The Hardcores would be no one without fans."

"You're a good woman, Ruby Rose..." I whisper and she snorts amused, cars move finally and she focuses on driving before mumbling.

"I've never said I was bad, only traumatized... and a bit crazy."

I nod and look through the window with curiosity, Ruby didn't tell me where we're going, only that I should wear comfortable clothes and sneakers, sunglasses and a cap to try to mislead paparazzi. Which is a relief because I still remember what happened the last time she asked me to wear a formal dress, it was gorgeous although showed more skin than I'm used to due to the deep V-neck, but I didn't argue with her because, well, the singer was going to have her own way eventually anyway so I could save myself the effort. But I would've fought more if I'd known where we were going. I think I've never been so scared and anxious in my entire life, not even the first night I spent with Ruby or when we made out in public during that party with Mads, and also furious because she believed I'd be able to behave like those brainless girls following her Dom friend wherever she went.

I think I was shocked and that's why I didn't run away, cursing at Ruby and her crazy ideas, I'd have a nervous breakdown probably if she'd suggested that wanted to join one of those games around us. But luckily she didn't, in fact, she looked kind of upset and swore that we'd leave early, my anxiety gave way to confusion: why had we gone if she didn't want to be there? I admit I also felt morbid curiosity, once the singer made me feel safe and protected I couldn't help to take a look around discreetly, at that people who walked through the room wearing leather harnesses and groped the waitresses' butts, it was oddly disgusting and fascinating at the same time. The night was a rollercoaster of emotions and the delicious dinner helped me to feel better, we were a normal couple for a while, eating and sharing a chocolate shake without paparazzi and fans lurking in the shadows, but I arrived at home exhausted and collapsed in bed. Ruby hasn't talked about that party again and I don't dare to mention it either.

"We're here." I blink coming back to reality and get out of the car in front of a two storey building painted in bright colours.

"Katia's Community Centre for Children... That's your mother's name..." My girl nods but remains silent and gestures at me to invite me in, we've barely walked through the door and she's just opened her mouth to greet the woman smiling at us standing in the middle of the big room when hell breaks lose: screams, claps, metallic chairs being dragged on the floor and the sounds of feet stomping.

"Ruuubyyyyy!" The singer vanishes from my view, buried under a big group of little girls, most of them seem to be between 6 and 10 years old, that have jumped on top of her pushing her to the floor fighting to be the first one to huge her. They all cry, laugh and speak at the same time bouncing on my girl's lap, grabbing her by her arms and legs, tugging at her leather jacket and kissing her cheeks while Ruby remains still laughing her ass off, letting them do whatever they want till they get tired eventually and move away to give the singer a little room, although they're still around her staring at her expectantly.