TWENTY-SIX (Iselen POV)

"Those Sony and Virgin asshole CEOs have phoned Vincent again..." Ruby grumbles while fixing her hair in front of the dressing room mirror.

"Don't they ever give up?" Taylor snorts and frowns holding her lipstick. "They know we have our own record label and will never sell ourselves, we don't need them... Our independence is more important than a few million dollars."

"They didn't call about us, they wanted to offer Iselen a contract..." All the Hardcores turn around to look at me surprised while I open my mouth wide in shock from the couch where I'm sat and drop the magazine on the coffee table.

"No fucking way... Why would a record label want to hire me?"

"Hello? You're the last hit on social media, do you remember? Flamenco music is a trend again since Ruby posted that video where you played guitar." Lzzy points at me with her index before getting closer to the mirror in order to fix the small black satin top with thin straps around her chest.

"Flamenco music is always a trend in my country," I answer getting up angrily. "And there're dozens of guitar players who are better than me, I'm not a professional, an album recorded by me would be an offence to all those young talented players that are trying to find their way in this competitive world. I won't do it... Tell Vincent to call them and send them to hell." I cross my arms over my chest staring at Ruby, upset, and the singer smiles amused.

"I thought you might say that... Oaky, but on one condition..." My girl keeps fixing her hair and I stare at her cautiously, I don't know what wicked idea she has in her mind but I won't give up on this matter. This situation is ridiculous. "You'll record a track with us, in our studio, I've wrote a wonderful song and I think some flamenco style arrangements would make it even better."

"Like a fusion of styles?" I ask hesitating and she nods. "Only the Hardcores in the studio with me?"

"And a couple of techs, I guess." Mads answers shrugging and unbuttoning her shirt even more to be able to show off her tattoos. "In fact, they're the only ones indispensable, you could record your arrangements alone and they'd add them to the song later, you don't need us at all."

"Okay, well, I want you to be there... All right, I think I can do it."

"Thank you, baby girl, can you go out and check if everything is ready? Vincent ordered the staff to change a couple of spotlights and I think it's taking too long." The singer looks at the clock on the wall with a furrowed brow, the concert will start in half an hour and these minutes before the show are the most stressful for the band.

And for the staff too judging by the amount of people running down the corridors and backstage, they all seem busy and I don't want to interrupt their work so I get close to the VIP room door looking around bewildered: the manager should be here playing his public relations role, chatting and laughing with all those celebs and the owners of the companies that promote this tour. I can't help smiling when I remember I have a new phone thanks to them, it's funny if you think about it: the more famous and richer the Hardcores become, the more gifts they get for free and don't need to spend their money. Clothes and sneakers, bags, cars, plane tickets and fancy hotel rooms with spa services, bottles of wine, phones, jewels, perfumes and cosmetics, bouquets of flowers, laptops, even music instruments... Ruby pays me a very generous salary but since I'm on the list to get presents, I've barely spent a few dollars even if the girls give half of the things to charity.

"Where are you, Vincent?" I grumble checking my watch.

"Sorry, do you know where the dressing rooms are? Ah it's you, that woman..." The scornful tone of voice grabs my attention and I raise an eyebrow staring at the girl from head to toe: she has her hair dyed in an indescribable shade between reddish and orange that looks like something applied by a skilful hairdresser in a very fancy beauty salon and it matches her professional makeup... It's a bit too much for my taste, those extra-long lashes can't be comfortable and it looks as if she'd got a punch on her lips and now they're swollen, the permanent pouting doesn't help either, to be honest. Her designer clothes confirm my first impression: a girl from a good family who thinks she's a rebel and a badass because her dad's influence and money have her back.