A/N:

Since I got several comments showing concern about Ruby's behaviour in this book I want to clarify some things. I knew this story could create controversy and I was expecting the right moment so here I go...

This is real life. Period. This isn't fantasy, a book where a bad sorceress or an evil vampire becomes all good because they find their mate and love of their existence. This Ruby is a selfish diva, a drug addict, a narcissist and an abused child with a lot of mental problems... and this is how these kinds of people behave when they find someone weak enough to fall for their spell. They're beautiful and fascinating and the truth is they'll always find poor girls in need of attention and affection that would do anything for them... I've been there and done that, believe me. The amount of shit you can swallow when you think you're in love is unbelievable.

I'm not romanticizing bad behaviours, rapping, drug addiction or mental illness...above all because I suffered from all of that, somehow. I exposed my life in a book here for you to read about it and thought it would work as a warning, a book with a hard lesson to learn apart from getting my therapist off my back, but I found out that only a handful of my readers payed attention to it, maybe because it's not a Ruby's fanfic. So I'm writing this one, a real/fiction book inspired by some of my own life experiences... I carry some dark shit in my backpack, to be honest.

I love my fantasy books, don't get me wrong, but the world isn't made of gummy bears and loving werewolves and I was worried because I felt I was romanticizing a lot of toxic bitches in my other stories... this is the only book that shows how those things work in real life. Not a wicked sorceress punishing a girl and then asking for forgiveness pouting... that's romanticizing evilness. This Ruby is real, this is how real Doms behave usually, taking advantage of weak girls to have their ways... My Ruby from The Club is the rare one, the dream, the romanticized Dom that actually doesn't exist... You can find very few of those. And I'm afraid that you could think all of them behave like that and you'll jump into BDSM relationships thinking that The Club Ruby is real... because you're going to get really hurt by manipulative bitches that will lie to you to get what they want... Like rock star Ruby does.

This book is a red flag, something that will help you to learn and identify the signs to know where you have to run away. This isn't only the most real Ruby I've ever written but most real Iselen I've ever written... a girl so mesmerized by her idol who would do whatever necessary until it's too late, something really bad happens and she wakes up, understands that her relationship is toxic and tries to put an end to it or fix things. She'll find the strength to fight back eventually but it won't be anytime soon because... that's not how it works in real life. You need time to learn from experiences in life. Unless you're a strong, mature woman who knows what she wants and takes no shit from anyone which isn't the case here and it's not the case of most of girls in the world.

Read this book the way it is: a word of warning. Do not only focus on what Ruby does wrong but on what Iselen does wrong, she's accepted to get involved with Ruby even if she knows the bitch is the epitome of toxic. Ruby herself told her, in fact, she's been quite honest with Iselen about what to expect from her and Iselen didn't put a real fight to escape... she just had some doubts but it's not like she's horrified, packing her things and asking for a new job to her boss. Look for red flags all over this story and, if one day you find yourself in this situation, not a BDSM relationship or in front of your idol, but with the person you love or you think you love... remember this book. You'll find yourself living through a lot of toxic behaviours that won't feel toxic because that person will have you under their spell... Manipulators have a fascinating charisma... learn how to spot them in the crowd. Shit happens in real life and, reading about the shit, can help you to avoid the real shit later. I'm trying to give you the best gift you could ever get from a book: lucidity, clear-sightedness, mental alertness...

This Ruby is fucked up and I know it's a shock since all my books are full of fucked up Rubys redeemed by love... it'll happen here too, all my stories have a happy ending, remember? But it won't happen immediately because it doesn't happen that way in real life, people don't change their behaviour till they understand their world is in danger and they need to change to survive, drug addicts don't get rid of blow after 6 months in a rehab facility and if you think that can happen, you know nothing about real drug addiction. Abused children carry their mental problems with them for life and they learn how to live with them, eventually, but there's no cure for their illness... What happened to them can't be changed overnight. This book is real and it's raw and you all need to learn that's how the universe works.

I'm sorry if this book makes you feel uncomfortable, maybe I should've warned you in advance that this story isn't fantasy... If you prefer to skip this one, it's okay, I completely understand it and I won't get mad... I also prefer my fantasy worlds and my fantasy Rubys. But I want you to understand that no matter how much you try to avert your eyes from the ugliness of the world, it's there and you'll have to face it eventually. I feel it's better if you have some weapons to fight back or at least, you can identify fucked up people when you bump into them... it's not that easy, believe me, narcissists are really, really smart.

Thank you for reading.