THIRTY-ONE (Iselen POV)

My advice is to read this chapter and reread it later but listening to the song following Ruby's movements on the stage. I've been dreaming about this performance for years since I thought of a Ruby rock star fanfic and it's amazing, at least the way I picture it... I love the way my perverse mind works sometimes (most times it's a mess) 

The last note echoes through the recording studio and Ruby sighs delighted, a guy gives us a thumbs up on the other side of the glass and I take my headphones off, leaving the guitar on a stand and relaxing my muscles finally. Mads was right, only the Hardcores and a sound technician are here, and yet I was really anxious at first. The studio is amazing, bigger than the one Ruby built at home, there's even a grand piano for Lzzy, and the staff has treated us like we were royals or something like that since the moment we set foot in the building. I felt a bit overwhelmed and hoped that my arrangements were perfect, I didn't want to disappoint my girl but I think that won't be a problem judging by the wide smile she flashes at me while putting out her cigarette.

"I love it, babe, this song will be a hit, a perfect fusion, fans will go crazy... Mike will add your track to the song we previously recorded yesterday but I'd love to listen to it now, would you mind playing flamenco again but this time with the girls... and me?" The singer pouts at me and I look at her suspiciously. "Come on, it'll be funny and we won't record it, no one will see it ever..."

"Only if you remember what you've promised me..." I reply seriously and my girl sighs in resignation before nodding.

"I won't force you to play on a stage, or during a tour in front of thousands of people, or on TV, or parties or in front of strangers... I don't remember it all by heart but I have your list at home... I promise, okay? I wouldn't force you to do anything you didn't want to do... Don't look at me like that, you wanted deep inside all the things you've done with me..." I nod reluctantly and my girl rubs my cheek with her knuckles gently. "Seriously, my love, I know how bad it feels when you have a nervous breakdown and wouldn't want you to go through that."

"All right, I'll play with you now... You're the Queen of Manipulation, do you know that?" I ask while Ruby gestures at the Hardcores that are waiting sat on a couch on the other side of the glass.

"You have to be a little bit Machiavellian if you want to succeed in this hard world, babe."

"What's wrong?" Lzzy walks in the studio swinging on her high heels and looking around confused followed by the girls.

"I want to listen to the whole song and my wonderful girlfriend has accepted to play with us here and now..." I roll my eyes and snort while the pretty brunette claps excitedly and runs to her piano.

"Wonderful... Zu, play those drums! This is going to be great fun..."

"Do you want to try with my guitar, baby girl?" Ruby points at her Black Beauty and I look at her hesitating before nodding, the truth is that the instrument is gorgeous and I've always wanted to play it but never dared to: the singer is really careful when handling her guitars and I was terrified I could detune it or something. I'm about taking it when a sudden loud bang behind me almost kills me with a heart attack.

"Zuzana! What have I told you?" The sound tech has removed his headphones and is yelling and gesturing angrily on the other side of the glass.

"That I should warn you before doing that... and I did, that was a warning, I can play much louder." The red-haired girl smirks mischievously before banging her drum kit like a maniac and Lzzy laughs her ass off. I try to follow Zu's frenetic rhythm plucking the strings of the Black Beauty while Ruby scrunches her nose and shakes her head.