BONUS CHAPTER 2

"Can you see her?" Taylor asks while I stand on tiptoes to be able to take a look over the waiters' heads while they're working. It's dinner time and the restaurant is almost full but Madison's blonde hair is nowhere to be seen.

"No..." I whisper disappointed. "Damn it, where is she?"

Ruby looks around, anxious and impatient, checking her watch again and wondering when Vincent will get here with the police so an officer can ask for the security footage of the cameras given that this is the best way to find out if Mads was here and where she is now. Suddenly, my girl straightens her back and her attitude changes. I frown, confused, till I notice the waitress standing behind the grey marble bar counter that's staring at the Hardcores with her mouth wide open. The singer smirks mischievously, giving me her leather jacket so she can display all her tattoos, before getting closer walking slowly and leaning her elbow on the counter, looking at the woman right into her eyes. We all follow her puzzled while Ruby tilts her head and winks at the shocked waitress.

"Hello..." she whispers and her husky voice sends a shiver down my spine... even if she's not trying to seduce me this time.

"Machiavellian bitch," Zu mumbles behind me when she understands what the singer intends to do.

"Hi..." the girl answers stuttering.

"I'm very pleased to meet you... Beth." Ruby reads the tag pinned to the uniform and the waitress nods slowly. "What do I have to do to get a Margarita?"

"I can pour it for you..." she whispers hypnotized.

"That would be very kind of you..." The singer smiles again and points at her friends. "Have you met the Hardcores?" The girls move closer to the counter to greet her and Beth looks at them like she can't believe they're here asking for some drinks, but that seems to wake her up from her trance and starts working, taking glasses and bottles and making cocktails skilfully. "Delicious..." Ruby purrs like a cat after taking a sip of her tequila with lemon. "Tell me, doll, have you seen Madison around, by any chance? She told us she was going to have dinner here but I have no idea where she is hiding... Is there a private dining room?"

"Yes... No... I mean, she was here eating lobster with a blonde woman but they left an hour ago, more or less... She was very kind to me and even posed for a picture."

"Really? Yes, Mads can be lovely..."

"Can I see the picture?" Zu cuts her off holding her own drink and the waitress stares at her perplexed while the Hardcores wait, expectantly. Finally, she shrugs and takes her phone from the uniform pocket after taking a quick look around to make sure her boss is on the other side of the room. "Oh yes, that's Mads wearing her favourite Hawaiian shirt." We all nod smiling even if, unfortunately, we can't see the woman standing next to her... only a black sleeve that stands out against the red shirt with white flowers printed that our friend is wearing. "Do you know the name of the blonde that was with her?"

"No, but she didn't look happy when my workmate took this picture of me with Madison," Beth shrugs and I take advantage of the fact that I have her phone to take a picture of the waitress with the Hardcores too. She smiles delighted while Ruby drinks the last sip of her margarita trying to keep her poise although I know she's disappointed and worried, at least I think I can feel it because I know her well.

"So, you don't know where Mads is now..." I ask and Beth seems to think about it for a second, taking a look around again to make sure her boss is nowhere to be seen before leaning forward and whispering.

"Well, I heard her saying something, not that I eavesdrop on clients' conversations because that would be wrong... But I'm a fan of HFDC and it's great that you're staying here in my hotel. I was hoping to run into you in a corridor and ask for an autograph but, suddenly, Madison was here and I was opening a bottle of white wine for her, I couldn't believe it was my favourite band bass player... And now Ruby and you all are here... This is a dream coming true..."