TWELVE (Iselen POV)

"Fuck, Ruby! You've scared me, how the hell did you get in my room?" I let my towel drop on the floor but the singer doesn't answer while taking a look around, frowning, and I'm happy I remembered to take my pyjamas before going to the shower instead of coming back naked to look for it. I could've found her here, suddenly, standing in the middle of my... "What are you doing in my room?"

"Why are you here?" she points around with her index and I stare at her puzzled... What is she talking about? This conversation makes no sense.

"This... is... my... room..." I repeat slowly like I'm talking to a toddler. "You shouldn't be here... What have you smoked?" I ask with distrust and she looks back at me upset, raising an eyebrow before shaking her head.

"This is a standard room, why aren't you sleeping in a suite? You need your own living room, a marble bathroom, better room service, a bigger wardrobe for your clothes, a good desk to write your articles... Who has booked this room? It's all wrong..."

"I eh... my magazine, I mean, Vanessa's assistant, I guess... I don't know... Who cares?" The beautiful woman seems confused by my reaction and shakes her head while looking around in displeasure. I don't know what's wrong with her, the room is a bit small but this is a fancy hotel so it's not that bad: I've slept in worse places.

"I'm sorry, baby girl, I'll talk to Vincent tomorrow and we'll fix this: you'll have a better room from now on at the expense of the band, we have enough sponsors that will pay the extra money..." the singer takes her phone from her pocket and starts typing frantically.

"Ruby, calm down, it's just a room... we spend most of our days at the stadium or on the bus, I've barely come here to take a shower and sleep..."

"No!" Her vehement scream surprises me and I move a step back, scared. The tattooed goddess raises her index and points at my face while she speaks slowly. "This is not acceptable... My lover... my girl... my sub... You! You deserve to have the very best of everything.

"Okay," I whisper soothingly raising my hands in a surrendering gesture, shocked because she has admitted that I'm her... whatever... "If this is important to you I'm not going to complain, of course... I appreciate it."

"It's important..." Ruby takes a dep breathe and closes her eyes, she speaks with such a quiet tone of voice that I have to make an effort to hear her words. "I had nothing for a long time, he spent the money on his bottles of liquor and... sometimes there was no food for dinner... My only decent clothes were the dress and shoes I wore to every concert but the fabric of my shabby underwear was frayed after many washes... Now I have money, millions, I can buy everything I want and people around me must be happy and must have everything they need... And you'll have a very big and fancy suite, you can order whatever you want from the room service and we can go shopping too if you prefer..."

"Thank you, that's very generous of you..." I whisper feeling tears tingling in my eyes. I'd love to travel back in time and give a hug to that scared little girl, buy her a burger and kick his father's balls hard; but that's impossible although I can accept her gift if that makes her feel better. "I need more rock band T-shirts..."

"That's true..." The singer chuckles and seems to relax finally.

"You haven't told me why you're here and how did you get in yet..." I frown staring at the door and she shrugs.

"This hotel was a palace and they decided to keep some features after the restoration works like key locks instead of electronic ones with cards. I used to run away from home often so I'm pretty good with lock picks... I still practice from time to time... Unfortunately, that asshole always managed to find me or he called police officers... I got a reputation of being a troublemaker when the only thing I wanted was to escape from him..." Ruby answers absentmindedly while touching her jeans pockets till she finds her lighter but not her cigarettes and growls frustrated. "Come on, let's go to my suite..."