2

Logan and Charles had been arguing for the entire car ride. I was sick of it, so I put my headphones on and listened to the Walkman Hank bought me for my birthday the year prior.

The Rolling stones blasted through my ears as I hummed along, until I felt a sudden jolt, as Charles pulled into a driveway, cursing at Logan for not giving him warning.

Hank helped me out, careful of the car as he normally was, knowing what I could do to the car if I had a sudden jolt of electricity in my hands and was touching it.

He was an amazing brother like that, and I was so lucky to have him, but we had been together for almost 16 years. I really needed someone else in my life. Not Logan though. He seemed like a bit of an asshole.

A tired woman opened the door, her hair messy, and makeup slightly ruined, but smiling softly. "What's he done now?" She said, a hint of exhaustion in her voice. "I'll just write you a cheque for whatever he took." She said, sighing.

"No ma'am, we just wanna talk to him." Logan said, as she stepped aside, showing us the way to the basement.

The house was nice. Not as nice as the mansion, obviously, but homey. I vaguely remebered my house from when I was little. Although our father had been good to both Hank and myself, I had joined Xavier's the minute I turned 11.

As we reached the basement, I saw a boy playing ping pong with... himself? I glanced at Hank, who was watching him intently, his curiousity getting the better of him, not for the first time.

"I didn't do anything." The boy said, not stopping his game. "I've been here all day."

In most cases, a person playing ping pong with himself would be incredibly sad. Even I forced Hank to play with me if I felt like it, and I had a pretty sad life anyway. But this was different. He seemed to be happy enough, and it seemed perfectly normal.

"So not police... Unless they've started driving rental cars now." He said, suddenly appearing on the couch. I found myself watching him closer as he smirked to himself. It was incredibly cute. Wow. I don't get out much.

"FBI maybe? No... Ooh what's Charles Xaivers school for gifted youngsters?" He now had Charles' wallet and was flicking through it.

"That's an...old card." Charles snatched the card away, as the boy sat back down, now staring at me. As Charles began talking to him again. "How did you know we were driving a rental car?" The boy sighed, clearly bored of the conversation.

"I had a look at your plate and then your agreement because I had some time leftover." He replied, running over to play pacman on the arcade machine.

"You do anything else with your time?" I asked sarcastically. He grinned mischievously in the reflection of the game. "Well, if you must know, I was checking you out." I blushed fierce red as he winked at me.

Charles groaned in disgust, as my brother began mumbling, "he's fascinating" Charles, Logan and I looked at him, perplexed. "What?" Charles sighed at him. "He's a pain in the arse."

The boy was clearly enjoying all of this, and leant back on the machine, facing us. "So...what are you doing here?" Logan stepped forward. "Peter, we're here from the future and we're just like you."

"What do you mean? There's nothing going on here." He said, sarcastically, rolling his eyes dramatically at me. I stifled a laugh. "Let me show you." Logan closed his fist, and claws appeared out of his hand. "IS THAT BONE?" I cried, as Peter watched him, intrigued. "Cool, but disgusting." He said, grinning.

*A few minutes after*

After finally convincing Peter to leave, I found myself squished between my brother and Peter in the back. "So..." I began, trying to break the awkward silence that had filled the car. "Did you dye your hair?" I asked, as he ran his finger through his silver locks.

"No. Just happened I guess." He said, retreating back to the music he was listening to. I heard him humming paint it black by the rolling stones and grinned at him. He saw me looking at him, and smiled, confused. "You like the rolling stones?" I asked, as he nodded excited.

"I live for them!" He cried, as we began an excited conversation about our favourite songs and bands. I saw Logan rub his head, as though he had a headache. "She always loved talking about music this much, huh." I glared at him, before going back to talking to Peter, who was now smiling like a child on their birthday.

I kinda liked him.

Okay so I know the conversation between Charles and Peter etc isn't particularly well written or remebered so I'm sorry but hopefully I got everything