13

"Wake up Ace."

I opened my eyes to look up at my boyfriend, who was gently shaking Me awake.

"Are we here?" He nodded, pointing towards everyone gathering their stuff.

I rubbed my eyes and blinked a few times as he helped me up. I hoped Charles was okay. Oh shit, Charles. What would he think of me getting back with Peter?

I picked up a knife, just in case, and tied my hair back, only to feel Peters hands around my waist, and his lips kissing the neck that I was now showing.

"Be safe, okay?" He whispered into my neck, and gripped me tightly. "When have I ever done something to compromise my safety?" I winked at him and gave him a quick peck on the cheek, as he raised his eyebrows but took my hand anyhow.

The doors opened to reveal a scene of destruction. A pyramid stood in the middle of the chaos, objects flying around it.

A huge sphere of metal floated in the air, Erik at the centre of it. I gulped as I watched Peters face turn pale.

Raven was discussing how to get in, when he spoke up. "I can get you in. He's what I came here for." I knew I shouldn't feel upset by that remark, but I couldn't help the feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I pulled my hand away from him, holding it with my other, playing with my fingers as though I was nervous about the fight.

He turned to me, his face shadowed in concern. I wrenched my gaze from him, looking around wildly, focusing on the pyramid.

He seemed to suddenly understand what was wrong and took my hand before kissing it. "I didn't mean it like that. I wanted to come and protect you from him." I smiled slightly and kissed him on the lips.

"Yeah okay, enough with the dramatics. Let's get this over with Speedy." Raven pulled him back away from me, which he pouted at, but wrapped an arm around her and sped off, yelling something about how much he loved me.

I grinned and blushed sheepishly, realising everyone was looking at me. "Cute. Gonna need you to take Blondie." Hank nodded towards a man flying towards us, huge wings on his back.

Great.

I nodded reluctantly, and ran towards him. He dropped to the ground and smirked at me. I glared back at him, a little confused at his manner.

"Baby girl, I don't want to hurt you. Especially not that pretty face. But, if you decide you want to stay on the losing side, i won't hesitate to kill you." His blunt remark made my laugh dryly.

"Don't want to punch a girl Birdboy?" I knew this was a bad idea but I didn't want to play the 'helpless little girl card' His expression hardened and the smirk dropped from his face.

"Bird boy huh? We'll see who's a fucking bird in a minute." He flew towards me, and I dived out of his way, rolling across the ground.

He began to turn around, but before he could, I threw myself onto his back and grabbed his head to focus my shockwaves.

I could hear his thoughts as they filled my mind. Mostly about how Apocalypse was the only path for this world. Bullshit.

I used all of my might to fight against him as he struggled to throw me off, and sent a wave of electricity through his brain, to cut off some brainwaves. Only his legs, nothing problematic, but it should keep him harmless enough for a while.

As I let go of him, he became disoriented and wandered across the ground. Even better. His memory and reflexes seemed to be disappearing. I raised my fist and slammed it into his face. He dropped to the ground, still. He wouldn't wake up for a bit.

I brushed myself off, and looked up to see my boyfriend standing in front of Erik, trying to reason with him. I wondered if he had told him about the whole dad thing, but was stopped when I realised a huge piece of metal flew towards me, slicing into my face.

Ow.

Blood trickled down my face and I felt my eyes roll back into my head, the pain becoming too much as I began to realise what was happening. I fell backwards, the world going dark.

I know it was short, but hopefully my next chapter will be fluffy!

D x