11

I woke up on the hard, linoleum floor of a room, submerged in green light. I had no idea where I was. Peter was sat next to me, watching over me for when I woke up.

"Peter?" My voice broke as though my throat was seconds away from giving up completely. "I'm here." He pulled me into a hug. I gave up on trying to be angry with him. Whatever that man had gassed us with, was really tiring.

Hank moved away from me as I looked at him, in full Beast form. "Hank...You know I don't mind." He smiled a little, but I could see him watching Raven nervously. I nodded, giving him a reassuring grin.

"Uh...Ace... I wanted to talk to you." I looked up at Peter with confusion. "You don't mean now, right? I don't think this is the time." I chuckled at his face, as he went a little red. "I..uh. just didn't want to die without talking to you." I giggled. "I'm sure you won't."

I clambered up off his lap, and went to check on Raven. She was stood up, looking for something. "You okay, Ray?" I asked. She and I knew each other, well enough to have a nickname.

She glanced down at me, swiveling her hand upwards, pointing towards the glass panels around the room. "Hey Ace. See the glass, it's one sided. We can't see in, they can see out." I looked up. She was right. Someone was watching us. The man, from before.

That's when I realised there might be other people around here. I hadn't seen who else was taken, but I guessed we weren't the only ones.

Peter wrapped his arm around my waist, which made me tense up and cringe a little. He noticed that, and let go. I gave him an apologetic look.

"I wouldn't get too close to the side of the room." A voice spoke up from above us. Stryker. Peter shoved me behind him. I scoffed. What exactly was Peter going to do if they tried to hurt me?

Stryker was talking about some psychic event that had originated from the school. Moira was trying to gain favour with him and Raven was just glaring up at him.

"Where is Charles Xavier?" I began listening as I heard his name. They were trying to find Charles. I mean, the world most advanced psychic gets kidnapped, who isn't going to go after him?

"We can help you!" Raven was taking a new approach, but Stryker didn't give two shits by the look of it. He began saying some dumb stuff about 'knowing who raven was'. Then, he left.

"Hey...you think we should have that talk now?" Peter took my hand. I yanked it out of his grip in a sudden movement. "I really don't think..." He turned me to face him. "Please. I'm so so so so sorry about leaving you... I just didn't want you to get hurt. I know that's dumb and cliche but I mean it. I found out that Magneto was my father, and I..."

"Magnetos your what?!" Raven and I both yelled. Peter began mumbling and doing some weird sexual hand movements. "Yeah I get that! Why didn't you tell me?" He ran his hand through his hair. "I didn't want you to know. I was ashamed. After everything he did. I didn't want you to be around him."

I bit my lip, unable to decide what to think of this new information. "Um... I ... Thought you... Could we do this somewhere people aren't staring at us?" I guestured towards everyone else, who were watching us intently.

He sighed, before pulling me to the edge of the room, being careful not to touch the wall. "Look. I really fucked up. I know I did. It was dramatic and a shitty thing to do to you. But I promise, I did it so you wouldn't get hurt. I... Love you. So much." His voice broke as he said those words.

Tears filled my eyes. I looked up at him, as he recoiled away, clearly thinking my tears gave him an answer. I reached up to cup his face in my hand. "I love you too. I did, for 5 years. I didn't want to admit it but I didn't date for so long because I still loved you."

His fear was replaced by a sweet smile. "Oh thank god. I know we are kinda kidnapped, but, you wanna try again? Know you know about Erik and stuff?" He grinned down at me as I nodded. I heard Raven slow clap from the corner.

"Mhm. Lovely speech and it's great you two are together, but can it wait? We need to get out of here before we die or something." She glared at us, Peter still holding me. I gave her a curt nod and pulled away from my boyfriend, to which he pouted.

"Come on. Let's go save the world, like old times." He chuckled and took my hand, only to see Kurt mouthing something unintelligible at us. "Kurt?!" I yelled, and was joined by the cries of my friends.

"Door?" My brows knitted in confusion. Then I realised. "DOOR! GET AWAY FROM THE DOOR!" I yelled, pulling people back.

BOOM.