21

As Peter stormed out the sterile room and into the musty hallway, I turned away from Kitty's face, which burned red with embarrassment and anger as she glared up at me, eyes like daggers.

Hank seemed completely confused as he held a box of pills in one hand and rubbed his forehead slowly with the other. As he regained his senses I saw him sigh and turn to look at me, annoyance being the only thing I could see.

Grimacing I called for Kurt and he appeared beside me, wrapping his arms around my waist as we teleported away.

I could never get over teleportation, the jolt in your stomach, the immense pressure on your head as you jumped. I didn't know how he did it. Maybe he was immune. I should ask him about that later.

As we landed back on the ground, I saw, instead of my bed and Scott, Peter sat on a bench in the cold, his arms wrapped around him as he stared into space.

It was really unusual for him to be still. He was always busy doing this that or the other. Yet now, he sat so still he could be a doll.

"Peter?" I whispered, as I approached him, not wanting to scare him. He turned to me and smiled, patting the seat beside him. "How are you doing?" His words were comforting after the Kitty drama, and I just wanted to be in his arms.

As I sat on the cold bench I felt my teeth begin to chatter and my breath turned pale in the air. "I'm sorry Ace." Peter mumbled into my hair as he wrapped his arms around me pulling me into a bear hug.

"It's okay. It wasn't your fault." I rubbed his back soothingly as he pulled me closer. "it's freezing out here babe. Why don't we go inside.?" I asked, pulling away from him slightly.

He shook his head like a small child and pulled me against him. "What on earth has gotten into you?" I asked after a moment of silence.

"Nothing. Just want you here. With the kitty stuff we haven't spent any time together." I nodded my head in agreement. We hadn't. Even before that, Charles had been training me ruthlessly and I barely had time to sleep let alone have downtime with my boyfriend.

And weirdly enough, whenever I did have downtime, i spent it with Kurt. I didn't even know why. Sure, I loved Kurt but it didn't make sense. I wanted to apologize for all the sad smiles in the hallways when I rushed past him, the "Hey A..." He would start as I jumped up from my seat, kissed his cheek and run off. The promises to talk to him later and the missed dates.

I felt awful but the words just wouldn't come out. I pressed myself even closer to him and entwined our fingers, taking in his scent. He smelt like he was burning, but I knew that was just from the friction. I liked the smell because it reminded me of him whenever I had a candle or lit a match.

His breathing was getting more relaxed as he stroked my hair, pressing kisses against my forehead every minute or so. The dark clouds started to covrr us, threatening to drown us in rain if we didn't leave.

"Pete?" My words were almost silent having not spoken in such a long time. He glanced down at me, my cue to go on. "We're gonna get wet" he chuckled at the remark and let me go slightly. "We'll be fine." His voice was melancholy and dry and it made me a little concerned.

"Peter you need to tell me what's wrong." I asserted, staring at his eyes. They met mine and he sighed. "I don't know. She was a kid. I mean I knew that from the start. I never wanted to be involved I was never going to be involved. I feel dirty you know?" Hi eyes glossed over with tears. I bit my lip softly, trying to hide my sadness that was threatening to spill over even more than it already had.

"Maybe... We should take a break. You haven't seen your mom in a while, and your sister. I haven't spent time with Charles in a long time and..." I didn't get to fisnih my sentence as whrn I looked back from my feet that were just so interesting, he was gone.

A/N Right, so now this shit is gonna get crazy. Get ready. This is something I've wanted to do for a very long time. You might love it. You might hate it. It might all go wrong. Who knows?!