10

We all looked up in wonder, as bright white lights appeared above our head. Moira was questioning Charles about them, and I took Alex's hand without thinking.

He smiled down at our clasped hands, giving me a small squeeze of comfort. I knew I needed to get over Peter now. He left. He clearly didn't care about me.

It wasn't like 5 years was a 'break' either, which is what I had told myself for a while. I hadn't dated much since either. I say much, as I had been on a couple of blind dates, all of which ended with me storming out. Nobody knew about those.

Now Alex was back, I had grown close to him. I always felt awful after even hanging out with him, even though it didn't matter what I did anymore.

I was jolted out of my thoughts by Alex suddenly ripping his hand from my grasp. Charles had found Magneto, but Apocalypse was getting in his head somehow. Alex rushed forwards to kill the machine.

A bright energy beam shot from his chest, hitting Cerebro, as Charles collapsed. Eventually, it exploded, and I dragged Alex into the corridor.

Stood at the end was a group of people, who appeared to have a portal behind them. "Get him." I noticed Magneto stood beside who I knew to be Apocalypse. There were a few other people, two girls and another guy, who had metallic wings.

Suddenly Charles floated upwards and towards the portal. Alex rushed forwards, screaming at the group. A beam shot out of his chest, and as teh portal closed, shot straight through the wall and at the reactor.

"ALEX!"" I screamed his name, as I realised what he had done. Suddenly, I felt a gust of wind and I was on the grass outside the mansion, watching as it went up in a huge explosion, rubble littering the floor.

I looked up, holding my neck in pain. "Ungggg...." I couldn't speak in the shock. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Hey." I looked up at Peter Maximoffs smirking face.

My body regained consciousness and I scrambled away from him. "What the hell are you doing here?" I screeched. He sighed, still grinning at me. "You know I just saved your life, right?" He reached out a hand to help me up. I stared at it.

"Go away Maximoff." I snarled at him. Now he looked upset. He bit his bottom lip nervously. "I...guess I thought you would be happy to see me." He gave me puppy eyes.

I just glared at him, coldly. "Happy? You left me! Do you know how upset I was?" I whispered, regaining the ability to get up off the floor. "I hated you for so long. I was just finally getting my life together and..." My thoughts jumped to Alex.

"Where...where's Alex?" I ran off, looking for him, calling his name. I found his brother Scott sat at the edge of the rubble, tears dripping down his face. "I'm sorry. He was the closest to the blast." Peter spoke up from where he had been following me.

"I..." I slumped down next to Scott. I had only taught him an hour or two ago, and now here I was, sobbing next to him. Jean stood behind us, next to Peter. "I'm sorry, Miss McCoy." She faltered at the end of her words, starting to cry herself.

That was the last straw for me. I lost all anger I felt for Peter, and grabbed him, pulling him down for a hug. "I'm sorry." He repeated into my hair, crouching down to be at my height.

"He...never did anything wrong. We were..." I sobbed into his shirt. "I know." He soothed me. Eventually, Peter picked me up bridal style and carried me nearer to my brother.

"Peter. Thank you for today, but I think it's best you leave. For Aces sake." He had a firm edge on his voice. "I know I should Hank, but I saw Magneto on TV, and wanted to speak to you and Charles about everything." I felt him kiss my head. "And I never should have left. I love her."

This made me pull away from him. "No. You can't leave me and then come back saying you love me!" I fought his grip and jumped down, running to Hank.

"Can I at least talk to you about..." Peter was cut off by the sound of helicopters flying in, making announcements about medical help. I shoved Peter away from me, and waved my hands to show them a safe landing spot, moving kids and teachers away.

Before I could speak to them, armed officers stepped out, fronted by a man in sunglasses. Moira rushed forwards, telling them she was from the CIA and thanking them. From behind me, I heard a sudden cry from Raven. "No! Wait!"

"FIRE!" A group of officers shot a weapon towards us, and although I felt Peter throw himself in front of me, we dropped to the ground, and the last thing I saw was black.