Part 10: A Party Of Disgust

As the doors open, the house elf- Grundy- looks nervously as his young master who had been absent from the family home for near half a decade.

"Master Malfoy! You're home, Sir. Oh the Madam will be so pleased to..." He stops mid sentence as he notices Hermione. He remembers her. Vaguely, but he remembers.

"Grundy, this is my wife. Hermione." When he says it, they can physically see Grundy become uncomfortable- as if the poor creature knows that tonight is ruined.

"Nnn...nice to mmmmm...meet you Misses." Grundy bows his head and Hermione bends forward to shake his hand, but he jumps out of the way- assuming he is going to be punished.

"It's alright, Grundy. You can just call me Hermione." It takes the elf a few moments before he daintily takes Hermione's hand and shakes it ever so slightly- never taking his eyes off of Draco, who he assumes is going to beat him or kick him away.

It's no secret that Draco was just as cruel to the house elves as his father was. He grew up thinking he was better than them and that they were mere unintelligent creatures who deserve nothing.

Standing up straight, Hermione looks between Draco and Grundy and feels the tension.

"Grundy shall announce the Master's presence." He nervously says and leads them down the foyer steps to the noise of the party. Draco and Hermione follow and all she can do is grip his arm slightly tighter as the  descend down the wide steps of the stone staircase

It doesn't take long for them to spot his parents.

Adorned in beautiful black formal attire- both the Malfoy's and their guests all seem to belong to the same running theme- that Hermione does not.

Black on Black on Black.

White.

Hermione wore white.

The only other colors anyone wears are the women in slightly dark shades of reds, greens, and navy or the occasional gold.

But these colors are very minimal.

A necklace here.

A bracelet there.

A head piece or clutch.

Some tiny gems on their busts or earrings.

But Hermione is in all white.

A bold statement for her first official meeting of everyone as Draco's wife.

And it isn't even possible for her to simply disappear amongst the the sea of people.

No. She is out in the open and all eyes are on her.

Slowly coming over to them, Narcissa eyes Hermione- leering a bit as she is known too- and gives her son a hug.

Though she was grateful for Hermione  saving Draco's life- more than once- she still isn't fond of the creature and now that her son is obviously married to her, it appears her life is slowly turning into a big joke.

"My son. How have you been?" She asks- ignoring Hermione altogether.

"We're perfect, Mother. Thank you for asking." Draco defensively pulls Hermione into his side and leaves a small kiss on her temple- which not only displeases his parents, but also embarrasses Hermione.

"Ah, yeah. Perfect. Harriet- how nice to see you again." His mother 'mistakenly' muses.

"You know that's not her name- Narcissa." Draco bites and Hermione notices his mother's jaw clench, as if holding her tongue.