Part 21: The End Of A Good Thing

Making her way through the lobby of the Ministry, Hermione moves with a purpose.

She will take Draco's advice- as crazy as it may be- and she will resign from her job in hopes of bringing her back as something better.

A bit off the wall logic- which Hermione is not used too, but is willing to give it a shot.

In the back of her mind- worry seeps in.

What if they don't take me back?

Then I worked four hard years to just throw everything away.

There's no guarantee that I will even leave an impression.

And with all the corrupt politicians already in here- what if they just further destroy the government and no one like me steps in to make it right?

"Hermione?" She nearly runs head first into Harry and Ron as she mutters to herself.

"What are you doing...frazzled and such?" Ron asks as he observes his old time friend.

"I....um..."

"You've been missing for weeks. What going on?" Harry asks concernedly.

"I'm resigning."

"What?!" Both men nearly faint and check their hearing. Surely, the Hermione Granger is not seriously quitting her job.

"I've decided that since I'm hardly appreciated around here and will never move up in position- so I'm not stressing myself out any more than I have too." She sticks her nose up and walks passed them to the Court where the weekly meeting of Department heads and the Minister are. Ron and Harry mindlessly follow her- captivated by the 'new' friend of theirs.

Storming through the building, fire in her eyes and hair expanding slightly from her own humidity. The twists and turns of the hallways do not slow her steam engine down. She barrels ahead and the boys find it hard to keep up with her fast paced stride.

Getting to the courtroom, she throws open the doors and every man in there looks at her and the few women widen their eyes.

"Miss Granger..."

"It's Malfoy- now." Gasps let out through the room and she adjusts her blouse that is untucked from her pencil skirt this morning.

"What?!"

"Outrageous."

Several court members exclaim and find disgust in the topic.

"Really? Well, then I suspect we'll have an uprising in the counsel." Lord Baker begins and Hermione cuts him off.

"On the contrary- there will be no uprising...at least not at my expense. I'm really only here to resign my position as Deputy. In fact- I quit." More shocked members gasp and whisper and gossip at such news.

"You quit? Why? Are you and the new Family planning something? Continuing the legacy of psychopathic tendencies?" Baker chortles and Hermione clasps her hands together so not to throw a hex at him.

"No. I quit because I'm tired of misogynistic arsehole men, like yourself- who step on the backs of the actual hard workers. Have fun dealing with all the bullshit. Considering everyone in this room knows we're days away from a revolution regarding  certain rights movements." Turning on her heels, she goes to exit, when Baker makes his move.

"Nice to know Death Eaters are able to get over their prejudices and suffer marrying Mudbloods. Then again, when you're as low as the Malfoy's- you're really stuck with no other option than to fuck below the master race. Really makes the world an uglier place." Baker sneers and Hermione can't hold back. She pulls out her wand and just as she's about to cast a curse- Ron and Harry beat her to it.