= 1: hatching a friend =

Yeonjun

It was late in the evening, I was still at work waiting for my shift to be over. Luckily the tavern I worked at wasn't as busy, normally we'd be packed with people on nights like these. I anxiously glanced up at the clock, running a hand through my light yellow hair.

My friend was with me, sweeping the kitchen area.

"Hey Yeonjun, why do you look like you're in such a hurry?" He asked, putting the broom aside. I shrugged, and tidied up my uniform a bit.

"I ordered a package from this person," I replied, checking my watch, "It's said to come today, and I'd have to be there to sign a couple papers they have for me."

Soobin hummed in response, leaning in the doorway.

"Is there something important about it that you'd have so sign papers?" He asked. I nodded.

"I've just been a little lonely these days," I mumbled, "I saw an ad awhile ago about someone selling these live dragon eggs, so I figured I'd give it a chance..."

"Yeesh, those things are always a scam," Soobin scoffed, "They either send you those weird looking toys or just a picture of the egg itself. There's literally no in between."

"Nono I know this one won't be," I responded, and sighed, "At least I hope so.."

-------X.☾☁☽.X-------

Yeonjun

"Bye Yeonjun! I'll see you later!"

==

I clocked out of work later that night, putting on my jacket and started to walk home. Walking home had never been one of best things, it was very dark and dead silent. While I walked home, I could hear the faint sounds around me but I could never figure out where they were coming from. The shortcut I always took home was much worse, the streetlights were barely lit and flickered as I walked past them.

I shuddered, trying to walk faster and looking at the ground.

"I should've taken the bus," I mumbled under my breath, however, the bus doesn't even get close to where I lived. I'd have to walk another 15 minutes in the dark just to get home.

Luckily, I managed to get back home right as the delivery truck arrived that night. I sighed a breath of relief, walking over to the delivery truck.

"Delivery for.. Choi Yeonjun?" He asked, checking his clipboard. The delivery person handed me the clipboard, asking me to sign at the dotted line.

I scribbled my name onto the dotted line, handing it back to him. He told me to wait at the door and walked back to the large delivery truck that was parked outside on my front door. I unlocked the door as he returned with a large, rather heavy looking wooden crate with holes on either side of it. I widened my eyes in surprise.

"What's in there?" I asked, as he set it down in the middle of my living room. He checked his clipboard again, reading it over.

"You ordered a dragon egg, didn't you?

I looked at him, then back at the giant crate in my living room.

"That's the dragon egg?" I asked, "It's a lot- Bigger than I expected. Are you sure that's the right one?"

"I just deliver the packages," The mailman replied, handing me some papers, "You can look over the order summary if you want, I should get going."

I hummed in response, taking the papers carefully and looking them over.