= 24: dinner date =

Beomgyu

The next evening, after I was feeling better, Yeonjun adjusted his jacket in the mirror and fixed his hair. He sighed deeply, getting one last look at his outfit. 

"How do I look?" He asked, turning to me and brushing himself off. 

"You look great!"

Yeonjun laughed, adjusting his jacket, "You think so?"

I nodded excitedly and ran over to him eagerly. 

"Are you ready to head out?" He asked, extending his hand. I nodded at him, taking his hand.

"How long's your shift going to be?" I asked as we walked out, Yeonjun smiled to himself as I locked the door behind us.

"Eh, we'll see," He replied, "I don't think I'll be long though."

"I still have a few minutes before my shift starts," Yeonjun added, checking his watch. I walked ahead of him, balancing myself on the edge of the curb.

"Maybe your watch is just slow," I scoffed, wobbling back and forth. Then quickly, I jumped back onto the sidewalk and gave him a warm smile.

"Probably," He responded.

We got to the crosswalk, waiting for the cars to pass by. Once the signal to cross appeared, I grabbed Yeonjun's hand again as we walked across the street. I excitedly walked ahead of him.

However, when I turned around, I noticed he was walking off in a separate direction.

"Hey! Wait up!" I called, scurrying after him, "Your workplace is behind us!"

"Actually Beomgyu, I don't have to work tonight," Yeonjun smiled, "I decided to take you somewhere nice today, just you and me."

I looked over at him, confused.

"What do you mean?" I asked, tilting my head curiously. Yeonjun snickered, taking my hand again.

"I meant I got us a reservation at a nice restaurant I think you'd like," He replied with a smile, "It's a bit far though, we'll have to walk a little longer. But I promise you it's worth every step of the way."

I hummed in response, and nodded eagerly.

"Which way is it?" I asked, looking down the street.

"Just follow me, alright? Don't run off like you usually do," Yeonjun replied, as we walked down the busy sidewalk.

==========

Yeonjun and I walked to the fancy restaurant, the entrance strung with warm, yellow lights and a flat black welcome mat in front of us. I looked over at Yeonjun, as we walked into the restaurant.

He talked to the restaurant staff, who grabbed us two menus. I followed Yeonjun through the restaurant, glancing at other tables with people eating together. The waiter led us through a door and into an outdoor patio area.

Curiously, I looked around as we sat down at a table. Yeonjun and I sat at opposite sides.

The patio had string lights hung above us, and a couple of tall, standing heaters. Tables were arranged neatly in sections and we had a vast view of a couple of sparkling buildings off in the buildings.

"It's so pretty," I said finally, sitting down at the table and picking up the menu. Yeonjun nodded, resting his cheek in his palm.

"I knew you'd like it, the view is really pretty," Yeonjun replied, looking off in the distance.

"I guess you know me well then," I snickered, reading over the menu. Yeonjun and I ordered some noodles to eat, handing the menu back to the waiter.

"You know," Yeonjun began, and admitted, "I've worked at a lot of fancy restaurants, but I've never actually been to one with someone. As in— sat down and ate something with someone else."

I rested my elbows on the table, "I don't think we go out to eat very often, it's really fun though."

Yeonjun nodded in agreement, looking into the distance again.

After the sun had completely set, Yeonjun and I enjoyed our meal beneath the warm glow of the lights strung above us. It was calm, and we seemed to be the only ones there.

"We should try stargazing after this when we get home," I suggested, wiping my mouth with a napkin, "It's beautiful out."

Yeonjun shrugged, "I don't have a telescope, I'm not sure if we'll see much."

"Well you don't need a telescope for stargazing," I scoffed, "You can just look at the sky and see the white dots in the sky."

"I guess so," He replied with a smile, "We should try it when we get home."

I hummed in response, and took another bite of my food.

=======

Yeonjun and I were walking home, with our hands linked and under the bright moonlight.

"Thanks for tonight," I smiled, "I really enjoyed dinner with you, we should do this more often."

"How about next week? I'm off then," He offered, tilting his head curiously. I shrugged, glancing over at him.

"I mean— You don't even have to ask since I don't do anything else so—"

"Yeah I know, I was just asking if you were okay with going out again next week," He responded with a shrug, "Maybe not somewhere as fancy, but you know, just spending time together as us."

"To be honest I don't care how fancy it is," I replied, "I just wanna spend more time with you since you're usually busy with your job."

"I'm thinking about working somewhere else, but then again I wouldn't want to leave Soobin there," Yeonjun admitted, "He'd probably be really bored without me there. Plus, finding a job is impossible these days."

"Maybe the two of you could find another job together?"

"He doesn't want to, his family owns the restaurant anyway," Yeonjun sighed frustratingly.

I hummed in response.

"What should we do next week?"

"Since I decided this week, you can decide for next week," Yeonjun smiled, "And so on and so forth."

"That sounds like a plan to me," I said quietly, the two of us walking onto our familiar street.

We walked down the street, past the boutique, past the old store, and to the crosswalk where the tavern was just across the road. I stood at the traffic light, looking up and seeing the colors switch from green, to yellow, then to red.

It was late at night, but the streets were still somewhat busy. A lot of restaurants had started to close for the night, the lights turned off and the staff going home.

Yeonjun and I walked back home, unlocking the door and kicking our shoes off. He walked to the window, seeing a couple white dots in the sky under the full moon's glow.

"Hey Gyu come look at this!" He smiled, gesturing me over. I scurried over eagerly, pressing my hands on the window and looking up at the sky. I gasped, and clapped my hands excitedly.

"It's so pretty out!" I beamed, lowering my hands from the window, Yeonjun nodding in agreement. I ran to the backyard door and opened it, walking outside. My feet touched the cold, concrete of the front steps and onto the barren soil.

I couldn't take my eyes off the silver moon, gleaming down on me. Yeonjun opened the backyard door again, with a mat in his hands.

He laid out the mat, patting a spot next to him for me to sit next to him. I plopped next to him, resting my head on his shoulder.

"I love you Beomgyu," Yeonjun said softly, sighing deeply.

"I love you too Yeonjun," I replied in a quiet voice.

~Fin.