= 5: city streets =

The next day..

==

Yeonjun

I adjusted my black, leather jacket in the mirror that evening. I wore a white shirt underneath, adding on a pair of silver earrings to go with the look. I ruffled my hair, brushing aside my bangs.

Beomgyu walked past the mirror, taking a peek at what I was doing. He saw my outfit, and smiled.

"Oooh! Someone's dressing up nice," He complimented, "Who's coming over?"

"No one's coming over," I answered, sitting down to put on a pair of black socks, "I have to go to work tonight, so I'm just getting dressed."

"Oooh! Who's work? Can I come too?" Beomgyu asked, looking in the mirror too and fluffing his hair.

"I was going to ask if you're okay with staying home on your own," I said hesitantly, "I don't want you to be bored sitting there for the next 6 and a half hours."

"But I'll be asleep by the time you come back," Beomgyu complained, "Who am I going to play with while you're gone?"

"I mean, you could watch some TV or something? I have books you could read too," I offered, "It's still a lot better than sitting in the back of a restaurant for 6 hours straight."

"Can't I just come with you?" Beomgyu whined, "I won't cause trouble I promise! Please?"

"I guess you could come with me. I'm just warning you, you're going to be bored out of your mind," I replied, getting one last look at my outfit.

"That's fine! I'll just take a walk outside until you're done!" He beamed, "I solemnly swear I'm not going to cause trouble."

I laughed, and nodded.

"We'll see about that."

-------X.☾☁☽.X-------

Beomgyu

I followed close behind Yeonjun while we walked down the street. The shoes were a little too big for me, but he didn't have any other shoes for me to wear anyways. Yeonjun also gave me a little hat to wear to cover my horns. He called it a bucket hat, but it looks like a lampshade to me.

The sun was just starting to set, orange and pink blending into the sky with the sun disappearing behind some tall buildings in the distance. I looked around curiously, peering up at the tall buildings. Being used to seeing them through windows, it was odd seeing them so-- up close. Yeonjun and I walked past tinted windows with warm lights coming from the inside.

I was so captivated by the streets that I didn't even realize we were here. There was a big neon sign which hung outside and two large doors outside with shiny golden handles. I saw large, tinted windows and warm candlelight coming from inside.

Yeonjun and I walked inside the busy place. Yeonjun pointed to a clock on the back wall, leaning closer to me.

"Okay Gyu, do you see the clock over there which says 4:35PM?"

I hummed in response, looking around the place more. It seemed-- cozy and oddly comforting to stay there. Perhaps it wasn't going to be as boring as Yeonjun had said.

"Well, when the time says 10:05PM, I'll be done with work and we could go home!" Yeonjun explained, "In the meantime, why don't you go explore outside? Just remember to come back here by 10:05PM, which is 6 hours from now."

I nodded happily, giving Yeonjun a reassuring smile.

"I won't go too far! I promise!" I beamed, excited to go out.

"Alright Gyu, I'll see you later," He said, "If you want to drop by, I have a break when the clock says 7PM and you could come sit around here for awhile."

I nodded, looking up at the clock and running off. Yeonjun walked into the back of the restaurant, a couple of workers greeting him.

I left the place, looking around outside excitedly. Looking up at the large neon sign above me, I made sure this was the place I had to come back to.

I wandered around the streets, occasionally peering into windows and seeing the people inside. The streets felt like they had come to life, I could see large painted signs with a white border of lights. There were vehicles stopping in the road, then going when a large post displayed a green light.

I settled down against a pole, watching the post change from red light, to yellow light, to green light. The vehicles just seemed to follow whatever color showed up on the post. When the light turned red, I also noticed there was a smaller light-up sign with a white silhouette of a person walking. I noticed when that appeared, people started to walk across the street. Curiously, I wondered what would happen if a green light appeared at the same time people were walking across.

I got up, walking down the street some more to look around for awhile. I wish there was some way I could get a picture to take home with me. I walked into a couple stores, seeing different colored boxes and tins on the shelves. I got a couple weird glances from people who were in the store too, wondering what I was doing in the store stumbling around.

Time seemed to go by a lot quicker than I expected, as I already spent almost two hours just looking around.

Wandering a bit more, I stumbled across a thin, alleyway in which wasn't as bright as the city. It was almost dark now, I could barely make out what was in the alley. Quietly, I walked in the alleyway and looked around.

"Hello? Anyone there?" I called, tilting my head curiously. I noticed these large bins off to the side of the alley, filled to the brim with random stuff. I stumbled over to the large bins when I noticed something in the corner of my eye.

Something-- shiny!

I hurried over to the shiny thing I had seen, diving into the large bin and pulling out a rusty, dirty spoon. Confused, I dug around more realizing the shiny thing wasn't shiny at all. I shrugged it off, however, putting the spoon into my pocket to show Yeonjun when we go home.

While digging around, I realized my hat kept getting in the way. I brushed myself off, looking around to make sure no one else was around before taking off my hat. I fixed my hair. I was about to look for more shiny things when I heard footsteps coming behind me.

"Well, well, well.. What do we have here?"