= 7: finding the truth =

Yeonjun

"Yeonjun! You won't believe what I found lying around today!" Taehyun said over the phone the next morning, "I was cleaning out the old bookshelf, right? I guess I had a whole book about mythical creatures, dragons included!"

"It's a shame to throw it out, it's still good condition. It's just a bit dusty," He continued, "Would you be interested in taking it? I could drop by and bring it to you!"

"Really? Are you sure?" I asked, "I don't want to trouble you or anything, I could just come by and pick it up if you don't wanna drive-"

"It's fine, I have to get out of the house anyways," Taehyun replied, "How's Beomgyu been?"

"He's still sleeping on the couch," I replied, "He's probably tired from last night, is Hyuka coming over too?"

"If you're okay with it, he might," Taehyun replied, "We'll head over there after breakfast, alright?"

I hummed in response, hanging up the phone and walking over to the couch. Carefully, I gave Beomgyu a nudge and took the blanket away.

I heard him mumble under his breath and unconsciously reach for the blanket.

"Wake up sleepyhead, we've got company," I told him, shaking him up a little bit.

"No Yeonjun..." He snored, and mumbled under his breath, "The spaghetti doesn't.. Go in the.. Laundry machine.."

"BEOMGYU!" I exclaimed, shaking him more. Beomgyu jolted awake and sat up.

"Was I dreaming?" He mumbled, rubbing his eyes.

"You were talking in your sleep too," I replied, "About spaghetti or something?"

"Anyways," I continued, "Taehyun and Hyuka are coming over today for a bit to drop something off, do you think you cou-"

Beomgyu groaned, slumping back onto the couch. He scowled, hiding his face under the pillow.

"I'm not doing nothing for you," I heard him growl, "Not for cookies, not for lunchmeat, and nOT FOR CHEESE!"

"Then fine, spellbook it is then," I retorted, "It won't be as bad as last time since they're not staying over too long."

"I don't care!" Beomgyu snapped, "Use your god damn spells I dare you! I'm not afraid of some crusty book! I'll bite back, don't mess with me!"

I rolled my eyes, walking to the kitchen to get some breakfast.

"It's way too early for this," I mumbled, opening the fridge.

After we ate breakfast, I walked to the bookshelf. Since Beomgyu tore up the other book last time, I tried to look for another one. Taehyun used to get me spellbooks for my birthday, but I never really bothered to sit down and learn from them.

"How come I can't just stay like this?" Beomgyu whined, "Why do I have to change everytime someone else comes over?"

I paused, "You remember what happened the other night, don't you? It's too risky, I don't know what they'll think of you anyways."

"Well whatever, do whatever you want," Beomgyu scoffed, "Because I'm not letting you get away with it so easily!"

He walked over to the bookshelf too, grabbing a random one off the shelf.

"You can't even read, idiot," I scoffed, taking a book off the shelf and flipping through the pages, "You can't keep running away every single time, you'll eventually just have to cooperate."