= 6: a long, lonely lane =

Beomgyu

I slowly turned around, seeing three strangers with hats covering their face standing there. I realized I had my hat off, and they could see the two, short horns atop my head.

"So, they still exist, huh," One of them said coldly, "I didn't think their kind would live out in the city like this."

I gulped, quickly picking up my hat and putting it back on my head. I laughed nervously, scratching the back of my head.

"M-My kind?" I stammered, fixing my shirt collar, "Wh-What are you talking about?"

They stepped closer to me, causing me to stumble back. Frantically, I took the spoon out of my pocket.

"Don't come any closer!" I warned, "I have a spoon!"

Suddenly, one of them grabbed my shirt collar firmly. I dropped the spoon, squirming.

"How much do you think this one's worth?" He asked the others, keeping a firm grip on the collar of my shirt. The other two walked over, their hands in their pockets.

"Not sure," Another replied, "Probably a lot, we haven't seen ones like him for awhile."

I growled and bit the person's hand, sinking my teeth deep into their flesh. He screamed, dropping me on the ground. Swiftly, I scrambled up and grabbed the spoon from earlier.

One of the other guys tried to make a grab for me, when I bit his hand too. His blood dripped down the side of his palm, dribbling onto the sidewalk. I growled, warning the remaining one not to come any closer.

Before the other could react, I quickly sprinted past them and bolted down the street. Behind me, I could hear them bickering and yelling at each other to go after me. I wiped off a couple drops of blood that had gotten on me, smearing it onto my sleeve.

I scampered down the street, turning the corner and looked for the bright neon sign Yeonjun told me to come back to.

-------X.☾☁☽.X-------

Yeonjun

Since we weren't as busy that night, it seemed I could go on break earlier than I expected. I was cleaning some wine glasses when Soobin walked over with a basket in his hand.

"Psst, Yeonjun!" He gave me a nudge, "I found some bread in the fridge, and chef said I could have it!"

He showed me the bread rolls in the basket, offering me one. I gave him a puzzled look.

"Are you sure you're allowed to take those?" I asked, "The place hasn't closed yet so I'm sure customers would want them-"

"Don't be ridiculous!" Soobin dismissed, "The chef had made too much yesterday and these have been in the fridge all night. I don't think we're allowed to serve them anyways."

Soobin took a bite out of the bread.

"I don't think you should be eating day old bread," I laughed nervously, "Aren't you afraid of.. Mold?"

Soobin raised an eyebrow, setting the bread basket aside.

"I mean, I guess so," He replied, "It tasted fine to me though, are you sure you don't want one?"

I unwillingly accepted, Soobin leaving a bread roll on a napkin for me. He told me to eat it when I went on break otherwise someone else would take it. He set the bread basket in the break room near his stuff so no one would take it.

"Hey by the way Yeonjun, how'd the whole dragon hatching thing go?" He asked, fixing his sleeves, "Did it end up being legit?"

I nodded, "It was very legit indeed, Soobin. Maybe a little too legit. But, it went fairly well to be honest, he was a lot friendlier than I thought and he follows me around from time to time."