= 10: a walk in the rain =

Beomgyu

The next morning, I woke up earlier than Yeonjun and quietly crept out of bed. I looked out the window to see the rain lightly hitting the window outside. It didn't pour as heavy as yesterday. I opened a window to let the cold air inside, the smell of rain from the previous night coming into the house. It was perfect outside, it seemed like a nice day to go out.

Excitedly, I ran back to Yeonjun's room and jumped on the bed.

"Yeonjun wake up!" I exclaimed, shaking him up a little. Yeonjun groaned, burying his face in a pillow.

"Five more minutes," He mumbled, covering his head with the blanket groggily.

"Yeonjun get your shoes on we're going out!" I beamed, violently shaking him up more, "It's beautiful out and we're gonna enjoy it!"

"Hang on Gyu just gimme a second," He mumbled, fixing his messy hair. He yawned, stretched, and rubbed his eyes. I ran over to his bedroom window and opened up the blinds, letting in the cloudy light into the bedroom.

Yeonjun groaned, slumping back in his bed and covering his eyes.

"It's too bright," He mumbled. I scowled, and smacked his leg.

"Yeonjun get up! We're going out!" I snapped, hitting him in the shoulder.

"Okay, okay! I'm up!" Yeonjun complained, rubbing his eyes, "Just- gimme a second. I'm trying to wake up."

"Can we go out for breakfast today?" I asked, "And wake up faster, I'm excited and I wanna go out."

"I guess we could," Yeonjun mumbled, "I don't know any good places though, I don't think I've ever gone out for breakfast before."

I waited in the kitchen impatiently for Yeonjun to get ready for the day. He walked into the kitchen holding some more spare clothes and handing them to me.

"Here Gyu, go change into these and we'll go out," He handed me a black and white striped shirt, a creme white t-shirt, and a pair of jeans. Excitedly, I grabbed the clothes and ran to the closet to change.

Quickly I got changed and left my other clothes aside.

"Alright I'm ready! Let's go!" I said eagerly, grabbing my hat.

Yeonjun got his house keys and put it in his pocket, then grabbing his navy blue umbrella near the door.

-------X.☾☁☽.X-------

Yeonjun

Beomgyu and I walked outside in the light, sprinkling rain. I opened up my umbrella and held his hand. Our fingers intertwined, as  I held the umbrella with my other hand over the two of us, the rain gently hitting the umbrella.

Beomgyu held his other hand out, letting a few droplets fall on his palm. He giggled, feeling the rain droplets fall onto his arm and his wrist. We walked to a little cafe on the corner of a street and found a table outside. We ordered something to eat, sitting at the table and watching the rain hit the ground with light taps.

"Hey so uh- Beomgyu," I began, "I just have a question to ask you if you don't mind."

"If this is about the round pizzas in a square box, I don't want to hear it," Beomgyu replied, leaning his cheek against his palm.

"What? No, no," I replied, "I'm just wondering- How come you hate being a dragon so much? I mean- you have your options and you could change your mind whenever you want-- But, it seems whenever I ask you to, you don't want to."

"What? I don't hate hate it. It's just- mildly disinteresting for me," Beomgyu replied, "I mean yeah it's cool I guess, but it's just-- boring compared to being a human."

"Right but if you're a dragon, you could fly, breathe fire, and you'll probably be a lot stronger," I retorted, "I guess I just don't understand why you would give that up."

"I didn't give anything up though," Beomgyu said, raising an eyebrow, "It's more like I traded it for something else, like being able to talk."

"Also I can't breathe fire," Beomgyu added blankly, "Like literally I'm incapable of doing that, both emotionally and physically."

"You'd rather be able to talk than to be able to fly or something?" I asked, Beomgyu nodded with a smile on his face.

"Otherwise I don't think I'd ever be able to talk to you," He replied, looking down at the table pensively, "I wouldn't be able to walk around with you like this if I stayed the same."

"How did you turn human anyways- I've seen other people and their dragons but they don't-"

"Okay, I'm not answering anything else," Beomgyu cut me off, "You never told me anything about what you and Taehyun talked about anyways."

"O-Oh, right," I laughed, "My bad then, let's just enjoy the nice weather, alright?"

Beomgyu nodded, resting his elbows on the table. After we both ate some breakfast, I grabbed my umbrella and opened it up. The rain was getting a bit lighter, and didn't really need it anymore.

I closed it and kept it shut, Beomgyu and I walking quietly down the street looking around.

"Sorry about asking that question earlier," I mumbled, "I probably shouldn't be questioning so many things about you anyways, you probably don't know the answer to a lot of things."

"You're right, I don't know," Beomgyu replied, "But I don't really care, it literally doesn't matter anyways."

I hummed in response, putting my hands in my pockets. We were walking along, Beomgyu occasionally stepping in puddles on the way.

After a day of walking, the two of us decided to head home. Beomgyu put his hands in his pockets happily, a smile on his face.

"Hey Yeonjun, when are you going to work again?" He asked, "Can I work too?"

I raised an eyebrow, and shrugged, "I'm not sure if they'll allow you- I guess you could help me secretly... but that could get me in trouble."

"O-Oh, I see," Beomgyu replied quietly, "I don't want to get you in trouble or anything, I was just seeing if that option was available. It was a little scary going out on my own last time.."

"Hey," I respond, "It's okay Gyu, you're welcome to come visit me while I'm working, I'm sure the others wouldn't mind it. Maybe I could introduce you to Soobin."

Beomgyu shrugged, the two of us getting back to my place and walking inside. We took our shoes off, and I put the umbrella away. Beomgyu hung his hat on a little hook I put up near the door.

I yawned, and stretched while Beomgyu was running around the house freely.

"Alright," I said groggily, "I'm going to take a little afternoon nap, don't cause trouble while I'm asleep, alright?"

Beomgyu nodded, giving me a reassuring thumbs-up. I jumped onto the couch and turned off a lamp nearby. I moved Beomgyu's blankets aside, laying my head on the pillow tiredly.

I heard Beomgyu grab a book off the kitchen counter, walking over and sitting in front of the couch near me. He leaned his back against the couch, and opened up the book.

"Whatcha reading?" I asked quietly.

"The book your friend dropped off not too long ago," He replied, flipping through a couple pages. He rested his cheek in his palm, focused on the pictures in the book.