= 3: spells and visitors =

Yeonjun

A couple days later, Hueningkai asked if he could come over and see what the dragon looked like. I was a bit hesitant, watching Beomgyu play with a pair of socks he found on the ground.

"C'mon Yeonjun! I really want to see it!" Hueningkai urged, "They don't always stay that small, you know. In a couple years, it probably won't even fit in your house!"

"I-I'm not sure," I hesitated, looking over at Beomgyu who was now ripping the socks apart, "I guess so- but uh- he's not-"

I sighed, "Nevermind, give me one second."

I put my phone down and took the socks away from Beomgyu.

"Stop biting the socks!" I scolded, "You could get sick from that! You don't even know where my socks have been!"

Beomgyu mumbled under his breath, walking off somewhere. I picked up my phone again.

"Is Taehyun coming along too?" I asked, looking around my place and laughed nervously, "I should probably clean up a bit, it's a bit of a mess here."

"Probably," Hueningkai replied, "We could drop by maybe this afternoon? I don't want to interrupt anything."

"Interrupt? Oh no it's okay Hueningkai it's fine," I replied, "I'll see you later I gotta uh- take care of something really quick."

"Alright, I'll see you later then!"

He hung up, and I put my phone aside. Beomgyu was in the kitchen and tugging at the fridge door again trying to pry it open.

"Hey so- I have a few friends coming over later," I said as he stepped away from the fridge.

"Do you think you could turn back into a dragon?" I asked sweetly, "It'll just be for a few hours and we're not going to hurt you or anything. You can go back to being a person if you wa-"

"No."

I bit my lip nervously, "Please Beomgyu? Like I said, I just wanna show my friends that you're actually a dragon and not some random guy who just showed up."

"No."

"Beomgyu please?" I urged, "I'll uh- I'll give you more lunchmeat? I'll... buy more cheese for you? What do you want me to do? Please Beomgyu it'll only be for a few hours!"

"I said nO!" Beomgyu growled, crossing his arms, "I will not and you can't make me!"

"Beomgyu it's not that bad, I promise I'll treat you to something afterwards?" I bargained, but he still refused.

"Why don't YOU become a dragon?" He snapped, "If you want me to do it so badly how about yOU do it!"

"Oh my god, this is gonna take all day," I mumbled, walking over to my bookshelf. I grabbed a spellbook off the top shelf, a thin layer of dust had covered it. I hadn't taken it out for awhile since I stopped practicing.

I brushed off the dust, flipping through a couple pages.

"You know, I don't have a wand anymore," I said out loud, "But it's fine, I'm sure this'll work out just fine without one."

Beomgyu let out a laugh, walking over to the bookshelf, "You think magic is gonna work on me? You think I'm just gonna do whatever you want because you said so?"

I stayed quiet, carefully looking at each page of the book. Beomgyu peeked over my shoulder and laughed nervously.

"Yeonjun listen listen," Beomgyu said, "Spells don't work on me, just don't even bother trying. Plus your book looks outdated and I don't think it could work-"