= 2: a dragon but not quite =

Yeonjun

I woke up earlier the next morning, opening my blinds to let the light in. I put on my slippers and was about to wake up the dragon too when I realized it had disappeared from its corner on the bed.

Slightly uneasy, I checked under the blankets and under the bed. However, it was nowhere to be seen in either place.

"Where did you go?" I called, looking around in my closet in case it had snuck in there. I checked my wardrobe drawers, but it wasn't hiding there either. Panic was slowly starting to sink in as it wasn't anywhere in my bedroom. I heard my phone ring from my nightstand, a call from Taehyun.

"Hey Yeonjun! I was just wondering, how did the egg hatching go?" He asked, while I kept looking around my room.

"Uh- Well, you know- It's was fine," I replied nervously, "It hatched in the evening yesterday after work and we got to play around all evening."

"But-" I continued, checking underneath my bed one more time, "I woke up this morning and I can't find my dragon."

"Only day 1 and you already lost it?" Taehyun joked, "Did you keep the doors and windows locked so it can't leave your place?"

I stood up, giving my room another quick scan.

"Yeah, I'm sure I did," I replied, walking out of my room, "Maybe I'll try to lure it out, it seemed to really like the food I gave it yesterday."

"Awww, that's nice," Taehyun replied, "What does it look like? Wait- you didn't get one of those camouflaging ones, did you?"

I huffed in frustration, "No of course not! I heard those were impossible to take care of! The dragon I hatched yesterday is a small silver one."

I looked around the hallway, hearing light scratching noises coming from the kitchen. Suspicious, I started walking towards the kitchen.

"Hang on Taehyun, I'll call you later," I said, "I think I found my dragon, it was probably hungry and went to the kitchen for food."

"Alright, I'll talk to you later Yeonjun," Taehyun responded, "Good luck finding your dragon!"

I thanked him, and hung up. Quietly, I crept to the kitchen where I heard the scratching noises. To my surprise, there wasn't a dragon there.

There was a small boy, with dark silver hair and two short horns on his head. It appears he was wearing whatever clothes he found on my floor, which looked like he had found lying around. It was my light grey hoodie and a pair of black shorts.

He was biting and clawing at the fridge that stood in my kitchen, trying to pry it open.

I walked a little bit closer, peeking over the kitchen counter at him and clearing my throat. He stopped clawing at the fridge and looked around to see where the noise had come from.

He turned around and looked up at me, giving me a small smile.

"Hello!"

"Hey, how did you get in my house?" I demanded, "Did you go in through the backyard door? And are those my clothes?"

"Backyard door?" He asked, tilting his head in confusion, "I thought I live here, I dunno how I got in but I think I live here."

He looked down at his shirt, and brushed himself off.

"Do you like my clothes? I found it myself!"

"Yeah- No, you don't live here," I said firmly, "Shoo, go back home or something. And I want my clothes back, those pants don't even fit you."