Chapter 34

We stopped for dinner at some roadside diner. It was a weird place; it reminded me of those rundown places you see in a horror movie.

I held on tightly to Liam's arm as we walked inside, it was a little more up to par on the inside, but still made my skin crawl despite the number of people that were there.

"This place gives me the creeps" I whispered as we sat in an empty booth. "If I go to the bathroom I won't come back out"

"Let's test that theory" Liam grinned pulling himself back up out of the booth.

"Where are you going?" I asked as he walked around the edge of the table.

"The loo" he looked at me confused

"Don't leave me here by myself" I whispered harshly

He just shook his head with a laugh. "Y'been watchin' too many scary movies Lyla babe"

He walked back to the bathroom leaving me at the table as the waitress brought over our food.
I sat picking at my fries and jumped when he squeezed my shoulder. He laughed as he sat back down.

"You need to relax babe"

"I'd relax if you would tell me where we're going"

"Nope" he smiled "got another four hours before we get there"

I sighed picking up my burger. "Asshole" I muttered.

"Extra pickles"

I frowned. "What?"

"You got extra pickles; you told me you hated pickles"

"When did I say that, I love pickles?"

"I know you do" he nodded. "Without onions; apparently you've rekindled your love for pickles"

We ate our burgers and got a big box for our fries. Liam paid we got back on the road. Where we were going exactly was still a mystery to me, and it was driving me crazy.

Not even twenty minutes of being on the road and I had the Styrofoam box open on my lap picking at the fries.

Liam noticed this and shook his head with a laugh. "Why didn't y'just eat at the diner?"

"I told you," I said around a mouthful of fries. "That place gave me the creeps"

He shrugged. "The axe murderer is usually at the hotel anyway, hidin' in the wardrobe"

"Shut up"

"Waits 'til you're in bed sleepin' before he-"

"STOP IT!" I covered my ears.

Liam just laughed before he reached over resting his hand on my thigh as I took my hands off my ears.

"I'll keep y'safe"

"You know it's always the cocky boyfriend who gets killed first in the movies?"

"After the virgin" he smirked, "who of course frivolously threw her innocence at 'er dickhead boyfriend"

I looked at him with a laugh. "Well, it's a good thing I don't have that problem, that means you're next in line"

"I ain't a cocky boyfriend; I'm a protective 'usband"

"Would you take a bullet for me?" I asked, now slightly curious as to what his answer would be.

He nodded glancing at me before looking back at the road. "Course I would" he looked back at me. "I'd die for you"

I blinked taken aback; I hadn't expected that.
I'd expected some smart ass remark and a cheeky grin.

I leaned over kissing him on the cheek before I rested against his shoulder. He kissed me on top of the head before he turned on a Beatles cassette.
I closed my eyes and listened to Liam sing along with John and then Paul before I fell asleep.