Chapter 14

I woke up sometime later by myself. It was dark outside and the bus was empty. I climbed out of the bunk looking at the watch someone had left on the small table. It was nine o’clock; they were probably in the dressing room in the middle of a drinking binge.

I slipped my shoes back on and grabbed Noel's jacket off the back of the couch, since the sun had gone down it had cooled off. I pulled on the jacket and couldn't help giggling when I realized it was a little short.

I stepped off the bus nodding to the driver who was sitting on a picnic table having a smoke.

I went inside through a big steel door. Like the last venue it was dark, and the halls were narrow. Lucky for me I didn't have to look far to find the dressing room, it was literally right inside the door.

I opened the door and all five men looked up. Guigsy and Tony were on the floor around the table, as seemed to be the norm for two fifths of the band at any given time; Noel and Liam were sitting on the couch, separated by a very tense looking Bonehead.

"Lyla!" Bonehead perked up when he saw me, suddenly looking extremely relieved. "Hi Bone," I smiled sitting on the arm of the couch furthest from Liam

"Did you sleep alright?" Noel asked looked up at me.

I nodded. "Those beds are comfortable"

He patted his lap inviting me to sit as he nodded. I looked across the couch at Liam who was glaring at Noel.

Still feeling spiteful from the way Liam had treated me earlier I slid off the arm and into Noel's lap; Liam scoffed from his end of the couch.

"What's wrong Liam," I asked looking to where he sat. "Jealous?" I knew that had been a low blow, but I still didn't care too much; he had hurt my feelings, not that he had anything to be jealous about anyway. Noel was his brother, not some little blonde pixie from the Holiday Inn.

"Fuck off" he snapped glaring at both Noel and me

"Why don't you just lay the fuck off" Noel bit back. "She didn't do anything wrong" he paused looking at me. "Did you?"

"No, not initially, he started it"

"No I didn't" Liam protested.

"Oh," I rolled my eyes. "Then go find the stupid slut from the hotel and take her back to Manchester"

"The what?" Noel looked confused

"The concierge at the hotel, I made the mistake of telling him she was into him and he was going to go down and "introduce himself" until I freaked out"

"I said I was sorry"

"No Liam, you didn't. I asked what your excuse was for wanting to go down there and you said you were off your head, you never said you were sorry"

"I'm sorry" he smiled

I rolled my eyes. "That sounded real sincere"

I got up from Noel's lap as tears pricked my eyes. I wasn't about to cry in front of the whole band over something as stupid as an apology. I opened the door and fled outside into the cold night air; the tears already spilling down my cheeks.

I leaned against the side of the building and cried. The steel door opened again and Noel came out looking around before he saw me leaning against the wall.

I wiped my eyes and sniffed as he came over. He didn't even say anything just wrapped me in a hug. I balled my fists against his chest before wrapping my arms around his neck and couldn't help sobbing into his shoulder.

He just stood there, holding me, letting me cry. He rubbed my back until I got my sobbing under control.

I stepped back and he let me go, taking my hand instead leading me towards the bus. "Come on"