Chapter 47

The next morning I woke up by myself....again.

Liam wasn't home at all, which meant he probably went to Noel's....again.

Noel was really starting to grind on my last nerve. I got out of bed and was in the middle of making myself breakfast when the doorbell rang.

I turned down the burner and went to answer the door.
The doorbell rang a second time as I pulled the door open.

I frowned "Noel?"

"Mornin' Princess, your waste of a husband 'ere?" He asked letting himself in.

"No...I thought he was at your house"

Noel clicked his tongue against his teeth. "Maybe you're not the only one with someone on the side"

"Shut up" I rolled my eyes closing the door.

"What?" He asked with a smirk. "Y'only married the poor bastard, he ain't any different, still a skirt chaser"

I ignored him...or at least I tried to and sat on the couch.

"Y'ain't nothin' special"

"Your brother's not here, so if you're done; kindly get the fuck out"

"Well if he ain't here and he ain't cheatin' on you then where the fuck is he?"

"Fuck you, he's always at your house for a fucking "band meeting" or at least that's what I'm told; you're probably just jerking each other off"

"I'm here" he raised an eyebrow "So where's he?"

"I don't know!" I snapped "He's an adult, he can go wherever he wants; I don't keep him on a leash like you do"

"Maybe y'should" he commented

"Why, so he can be at your beck and call when you show up uninvited?"

I got up from the couch and started to walk back towards the kitchen.

"Cause maybe then y'wouldn't be so nervous about where he is" Noel said from behind me.

I turned on my heel and glared at him "I am not nervous"

"Why y'gettin' so defensive then?" He smirked again coming to stand in front of me.

"I'm not"

He nodded "Y'are, not that I blame you; the guilty one's always assume the worst"

"You're just as fucking guilty as I am"

"Not nearly as fuckin' transparent as you though; Liam must be really fuckin' thick"

I folded my arms over my chest and sneered at him. "I said it once and I'll say it again; I'm nobody Noel, you're his brother I think that makes it worse for you"

He shook his head "You've got a good front Lyla, I'll give y'that, but Jesus Christ you're a cunt"

I blinked looking at him with wide eyes. "What did you just call me?"

"A cunt" he repeated "I know what you're tryin' t'do and it ain't gonna work this time, I'm on t'you, hell, so is Our Kid your games ain't gonna work anymore"

Every time he said a word my anger pushed me a little closer to the edge. It was taking everything I had not to punch him in the face.

"You-"

"Know exactly what I'm talking about" he finished calmly

"Get out"

"Y'can't get rid of it by kickin' me out"